Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST PART APPROVAL

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

my company is designing a new product for this they want the component from approved vendor .

they do not want to create Purchase order before approval i.e. vendor must be pass to provide components with required specifications.

how we wil map this in SAP QM environment.

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

either through work around or through std sap system u need to some identical document like PR aur PO for tracking point of view, if u maintain saome dummy PO against some vendor than u may go fro source inspection if results found ok than u go ahead for final procurement otherwise if results are not ok than system auto block the GRN and Vendor which is totally based on your configuration.

but u need to define some document, if u want to map it, if u want at gate entry level than gaian u need to esatblish the PO/GRN/PR docuemnt relation .

so dear best is that maintain some dummy and than after final approval and ok signal go for final procurement.

regards

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have mapped this scenario in following way:

inspection type :89 in material master, prepare QP)1 for component

create manual lot ny QA01,RR UD,

if all the parameters passed then create QI01, Kindly give yr suggestion

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u create a manual lot than its better to map this scenario with source or model inspection concept , which help u to trace and provide a complete tracking from bottom end to top against the vendor as well from user wise also.

regards

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide me step by step procedure.

Siva

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Guru do create dumy PO. If your system is creating standard PO with number serias 2000* then for this dumy PO work with MM consultant & create PO series 2100* for identification...so you can trace it easily.

Now in material master activate 010 inspection type as well in q-info record.

Create dumy PO and with ref to this open PO create source insp lot (insp type 0101)..Go to vendor are and do inspection. If this inspection pass then create standard PO with number 2000* and follow your standard process of GR and inspection.

hope this helps.

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

D Guru,

Kindly provide me the step by step process.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its very simple as suggested by NehSAP.

u need to maitain the seperate series for this functionality for PO's seat with MM guy.

From Quality Point of view:

U need to activate 01 inspection type. in material master.

Goto Q-Info QI01 , maintain material,plant and vendor combination .

In it, clcik on inspection control tab,

maintain source inspection = 01

lead time days= 15 or 20 days 0r as per ur requirement and company norms

Tick on source inspection- NO GR

when u create a PO than simultaneously lot will be there in QI07 ,

select it and create a lot for source inspection.

if u cleared it with UD as "A" than system allows u to post ur MIGO - GRN.

if u cleared it with UD as "R" than system not allows u for GRN and block PO ( STD setting)

Regards

Regards

Answers (0)