cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW for inspection characteristics - how to change (some) existing data

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a LSMW using the standard IDOC QPMK/QPMK01. Using structures E1BPQPMK_QPMK and E1BPQPMK_QPMT I am able to create IDOCS and post them into the system using BD87.

My requirement is to change only some fields of the characteristic, e.g. change only the sort field. At the point where I am now all information that I am not supplying to the LSMW/IDOC is deleted out of the characteristic. E.g. if I would not supply the values currently existing in the info field, they would be deleted once I post the IDOC with my changes.

My question is: how do I setup the LSMW/create the IDOC so that it modifies only the fields that I am supplying while leaving all other fields untouched? Is this possible?

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I came up with the idea of reading the existing values out of the respective sap tables while doing the conversion within the LSMW step 11. This would mean that for each field I would have to setup coding in step 5 like this (example for Infofield 1):

SELECT single DUMMY10 from QPMK into E1BPQPMK_QPMK-INFOFIELD1 where
ZAEHLER = QPMK_UPLOAD-PLANT_QPMK and MKMNR = QPMK_UPLOAD-MSTR_CHAR and
VERSION = QPMK_UPLOAD-VMSTR_CHAR.

I tried this and it seems to work for this field. Quite some effort for all the fields but then it should be fine. Does anyone have some optimization proposals on this?

Regards

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use LSMW for QS23- change inspection Characterstics.

prepare ur excel with the fields which u needs to change.

and than run ur LSMW, it iwll works.

regards

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

recording a LSMW will not work for my requirement, as I am also modifying the short texts. Recordings do not work for dynamic screens, and you can never know in which order the short text language codes are sorted.

That is why I have to go with IDOCs.

Regards

Martin