Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring inbound processing and Sync/ Async communication on PI7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to PI. We have following two requirements to be done on PI 7.11

1) Monitoring inbound processing (Txn Code SWF_INB_MON)

2) Monitoring Sync/ Async communication (Txn Code SXMS_SAMON)

Kindly let me know how should I proceed or what document should I follow or any scenario is to be configured.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Monitoring inbound processing (Txn Code SWF_INB_MON)

this transaction is used to monitor the (globally) active message packaging...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ff0006-3901-2a10-9e97-a71b423da...

>>Monitoring Sync/ Async communication (Txn Code SXMS_SAMON)

This transaction is used to monitor the messages using Sync/Async bridge...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Amit,

Information provided is very usefull regarding Sync/ Async communication but for Monitoring inbound processing what I have to do. Kindly tell me in short brief.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Start inbound processing monitoring with transaction SWF_INB_MON or SWF_INB_ADM.

Note that you require administrator authorization for transaction SWF_INB_ADM

2. You can monitor the throughput of the inbound processing either on the basis of individual process system or system-wide. In this way you can display the throughput figures in any discrete time range, right down to seconds. A similar display for message packages allows you to monitor inbound processing with the same detail."

3. You can display runtime information about individual messages, for example, the total runtime of a message in inbound processing or just the runtime of a specific section of the inbound processing. For monitoring individual messages click on "Display Message Packages".

regards,

ganesh.