cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Fixed Distribution Demand in Deployment Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you guys please tell me what should be done to control deletion of Distribution Demand (planned) while executing Deployment Optimizer

I have seen in profile there isnt any option to control that.

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What categories do you want to consider as fixed distribution demand?

Is it confirmed orders of previous deployment runs?

If this is the case please check the "Do not delete deployment stock transfers" checkbox in integration tab.

Else pls let us know what else are to be considered as fixed distribution demands?

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok and Pavan

I just wish to convert Distribution Demand (Planned), which is fixed manually by the user, to Distribution demand (Confirmed)

This is a requirement of the client, however I know Deployment Optimizer will start afresh(i.e. will delete and recreate as per demand),however in this case we want only the fixed demand to be considered and delete those which are not!

Can you suggest if this is achievable in Deployment Optmizer!

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how to handle your requirement in deployment optimizer.

But I can suggest a work around.

You say the distribution demand is fixed manually by users right?

After the orders are fixed by them, use /sapapo/rlcdel (without checking "Fixed orders") to delete the unfixed orders.

Now you will have only fixed orders int he system.

After this you can choose Do not delete orders in the deployment optimizer profile.

So fixed orders wont be deleted.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please ask your client how they are "fixing" Distribution Demand (planned)?

It's not clear what is meant by fixing the distribution demand (planned) "manually". Understanding what the client is doing might be helpful in giving a solution.

Distribution demand (planned) is a dependent demand, and is there at a supplying location since it will be linked to the distribution receipt (planned) which is the result of SNP Heuristics run. Other data that you would normally see in distribution demand (planned) could be the demand at supplying location corresponding to some Purchase requisition at a target location, but a Purchase Requisition from R/3 should not be touched by Deployment as it is a fixed requirement/receipt for SNP.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok / Pawan

I think as you guys also mentioned deployment optimizer will not be able to solve the process, so we will change the planning process now!

Thanks a lot for your help and time

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

May be I am not getting your requirement correct, but could you please refer to the Integration tab in the Deployment profile.

It gives you on an option whether the orders (planned/fixed) should be deleted before the optimization run.

does that solve your problem or you are facing another issue?

Thanks, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sandeep

Yes there is an options in Integration tab of profile,

1. Do not delete any order: This is not delete both fixed and unfixed orders.

However I wish to delete the unfixed and keep fixed distribution demand (planned) only!

Can you suggest something for that!

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve functionally?

Distribution Demand (Planned) is not a fixed demand. It could be a result of SNP Heuristics for example, and Deployment optimizer will delete such demands before starting its run. If you want to use (convert) distribution demand (planned), then you should consider using Deployment Heuristics and not Deployment Optimizer. Other option is the one which you already received.

Or do you mean something else when you say "fixed" distribution demand (planned)?

Thanks - Pawan

Edited by: Pawan Pathak on Dec 21, 2011 11:06 AM