Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMSADM user -> info Posted: Dec 7, 2011 11:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am not sure if there is a dedicated forum for security, so I am trying my luck in here.

Please let me know if I should close and move my post in other place.

I have few questions regarding TMSADM user.

I have to make sure that the standard password for user TMSADM has been changed in client 000, and delete this

user in any other client.

When I am running RSUSR03 report I see the user on all my clinets. As this communication user, is it really used only by 000 client ? Not by all clients ?

Do you suggest to delete it from all the other clients ? How can I do that ? Manually to delete this user from every client ?

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't remove user TMSADM - it is used in your transport landscape.

There are different notes describing how you can change the password of TMSADM. Basically the trick is to change the password of TMSADM in client 000 of the domain controller and then run report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM in the same client & system. Here you will have to enter the new password for TMSADM and the report will facilitate the distrubution to all systems/clients in the transport landscape.

Please note: you will have to have administrator access to do this.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a general rule, do not delete SAP-delivered user accounts. The password can be changed or the account can be locked, but I would not delete it. TMSADM could be used in the transport system in clients besides 000, it depends how TMS has been setup. You can ask the Basis team to describe their config, but in general don't delete that account. If you're responding to an audit, then I bet all that is needed is to change its standard password and control access to the password.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check note 1414256 that describes a report that can be used to change password. There are other OSS notes related to TMSADM user as well.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't remove user TMSADM - it is used in your transport landscape.

There are different notes describing how you can change the password of TMSADM. Basically the trick is to change the password of TMSADM in client 000 of the domain controller and then run report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM in the same client & system. Here you will have to enter the new password for TMSADM and the report will facilitate the distrubution to all systems/clients in the transport landscape.

Please note: you will have to have administrator access to do this.

0 Kudos

Hello Martin, M. Duchateau,

Thank you for the valuable replies.

Indeed I am SAP admin, but pretty junior.

Indeed, I was checking the DC on my landscape and I saw the pwd distributed to all the clients.

Thank you,