Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network communication Xacute applets client -> Mii server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a rather technical question.

Does anybody know what goes on from a network communication point of view when an applet on a irpt-page gets executed and fetches data from the Mii server?

Do these applets use RMI or some other method?

It's because we might have network issues, and I would like to know how the applets work on network level.

Our architecture is as follows:

On the client an irpt page is displayed in a browser (MSIE). The irpt page contains applets generated by Xacute queries. We also rely a lot on JS.

The client application communicates with the Mii server over the WAN.

So if someone can tell me which ports are used by the applets, would be great!

W.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The client JRE should be using HTTP/HTTPS on the same port showing in the address bar of the browser (50000, etc) to send the back and forth client to server requests.

The applet will need to know the information in the query template, display template, and then retrieve the data from the underlying query.

If you add the following line to your APPLET you should also see more information in the client java console:

<PARAM NAME="Trace" VALUE="true">

Or even more information (including the trace details):

<PARAM NAME="Debug" VALUE="true">

Don't forget to remove them when you're done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, let's try that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, on the server side indeed the applets connect to 5nn00. I love the debug option!

Now, on our WAN we have defined a QoS, for traffic prioritizing. So certain port numbers (or ip-adresses) get priority over the network. We added port 52000 (used by Mii) to this QoS, but unfortunately the traffic does not get prioritized.

The problem is that on the client side (Mii HTTP application), we cannot control which ports are opened (that's the OS).

On client side it could be port 4000 to 65999 or something. When we do port-prioritizing, this can never work.

So how do we configure our QoS? Prioritize everything going to and coming from the Mii server?

Anyone experience with that? I know it's not directly related to SAP and Mii, but when working with Mii one stumbles onto all kind of technologies

cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

update:

The plot thickens...

In the log of the Java console, I found an error when loading the page.

When loading an applet, I get 'java.lang.InterruptedException'. An from that moment on the page is basically screwed up.

Further in the log I also see 'pipe is already shut down'.

Anyone an idea what might be the cause?

Is it because the connection is too slow and we get a timeout?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!!

I disabled the new generation plug-in in the java control panel. Applets load 10x faster now and no more errors.

Does this mean Mii is old school?

cheers.