cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create ACL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I can't find where can I assign an autorization for a project in PS.

What I need is: every project has a person responsible, and I want only this person to be abble to open and see the costs/profits.

For example: In the Project 120-1100401 the responsible is the user with the login MARCOAF.

I want only the user MARCOAF to be abble to make changes and see the relatories of profits / costs, and all the money involved itens...

I saw that we can create an ACL to do that, but, what transaction do I use to create, and how do I proceed?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Spro-project system - structures - operative structures - create/define project profile.

In project profile you can find ACL.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vengaiah Chowdary,

Thank you very much with your help!

If you let me, I'll do one more question: Do you know if there's a way to block only the dates programin for the users? Maybe with the same solution.

For example: I have a project with 2 taks, taks 1 and task 2.

Task one starts day 01/12/11 and finishs on day 02/12/11. Tast 2 starts on day 03/12/11 and finishes on day 04/12/11.

I want to allow some users to acess that project, with write enabled, for adding material, or some other info, but blocking the possibility for those users to change the dates of the tasks (reprograming).

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an authorization group where you can assign the group of people you want to give acces the write/read access at the object levels.

However as mentioned you cannot unlock a child object without unlocking the parent object.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards

Snehashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The ACL worked, but I'm having an issue.

If I want to unlock a network and its tasks to an user, I have to unlock all networks that are above this one.

For example.

I have 3 networks, network 1, network 2 and network 3.

If I want to unlock the network 3 and its tasks for a user, I have to unlock both network 1 and 2 for the same user.

If I dont do so, only the network 3 is unlocked, but all tasks of network 3 stays locked.

Obs: I don't have to unlock the tasks of network 1 and 2, only the networks, than the network 3 and its tasks can be unlocked.

Does anyone know if there's a way to solve that?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If Networks are subnetworks it is not possible to unlock the lower network without unlocking the superior network.

If 3 Networks are same level under a project it is possible to unlock individually.

regards

M Umapathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The networks are all under the same WBS but they are on the same level, right under the WBS all 3.

Still I have to unlock the ones that are "above" in the list, but are on the same level

For example:

- WBS 1

.....- Network 1

..........- Task 1

..........- Task 2

.....- Network 2

..........- Task 1

..........- Task 2

.....- Network 3

..........- Task 1

..........- Task 2

If I want to unlock only the Network 3, but not it's tasks, I can do without unlocking network 1 and 2. But if I want to unlock the task 1 and 2 of network 3, I have to unlock both network 1 and 2, or it wont work. Since the tasks of network 3 aren't in the same chain of the other networks, shouldn't I be abble to unlock only that network?

Because here we have like this:

- WBS 1

.....- Enginnering Network

..........- Enginnering tasks

.....- Production Network

..........- Production Tasks

I want to unlock the enginnering network only for the responsible enginners and I want to unlock the Production network only to the ones responsible for it. But I just can unlock the tasks of the production network if I unlock the enginnering network for the same users. Should't I be abble to do so, as the networks are in the same level?

Thank you.

Edited by: Marcoaf on Dec 8, 2011 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the assignments tab of the network 2 check the WBS that is assigned. I mean check to which WBS the network 2 belongs. In case the WBS that is assigned to Network 2 falls under WBS 1 then you will have this issue. One WBS can have only a single network assigned to it..

In your case there might be a chance that the Network 2 is assigned to a WBS that is below WBS 1 in the hierarchy.

Check that and confirm.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

All 3 networks are under the same WBS in the assignment.

Why you say you can only have one network by WBS? In our company in most cases we have multiples networks under the same WBS.

Thank you.

Edited by: Marcoaf on Dec 8, 2011 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One WBS can have only a single network assigned to it

I had made this statement assuming a specific business scenario. Forgot to mention that.

Anyway, let me try out this scenario once in my test system and i will revert with the results.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried out your scenario and it seems that without unlocking the parent object you cannot unlock the child objects. By the way i am curious to know why you are having 3 networks under 1 WBS element?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

That's the way we are used to do in my company.

We use WBS only to separe projects.

For example, let me say we have to create 2 motors. Each motor has to pass by engineering and production. So our project stays like this:

- Motors Project

...-WBS 1 (Motor A)

......-Enginnering Network

.........-Enginnering tasks

......-Production Network

.........-Production Tasks

...-WBS 2 (Motor B)

......-Enginnering Network

.........-Enginnering tasks

......-Production Network

.........-Production Tasks

Since the networks under the same WBS are on the same level, I guessed that we could unlock (ACL) them individually, but we always have to unlock the ones above in the list (same level, just comes first in the sequence).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know if there's anyway that I can exclude the standard admin of the project? Because when a project is created with ACL the person that created is the standard admin. Is there anyways that afterwards we change the admin acess to another user, removing the standard admin?

TY