cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order output to be blocked in ECC when the PO is technically Incom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all I would like to say that, I have searched the entire forum for this issue & as i could not find any thread relating to this, I am posting.

We have implemented SAP GTS & whenever a purchase order is created in ECC system and due to Business partner missing or Legal Unit missing in GTS, the document is created as Technically incomplete in GTS. Inspite of technically incomplete, the ECC users are able to print out the PO. We have implemented a SAP note for blocking the purchase order output when the customs Import document is Blocked in SAP GTS.

Could anyone let me know if we have any OSS note for blocking Technically incomplete purchase order's or is there any workaround to prevent the output from being printed.

Regards

Aravind G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Take a look at SAP Note 900555. I think it might be what you need.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to block PO output as well so we implemented Note 900555. But how does it work? We do not see anything anywhere on the PO that would prevent output. We have POs that are blocked in GTS and nothing is any different on the PO. The note doesn't really explain how it works either. We assumed that the Output logs would also show a message of some sort.

In addition, when this note references blocking "output" is it only meant for blocking print? Or can it block electronic transmission as well?

If we can't get this note to work, we are thinking of adding GTS to the PO Release Strategy, in order to block transmission of anything to the supplier.

Thanks,

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

I have already mentioned it in this thread

Anyway, it would require some coding. Once you receive info from GTS that document is incomplete, the ERP Z* report would need to suppress output (remove entry from output table).

Kr,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gabriel. Just so I am clear - what is the purpose of Note 900555? Is it to suppress Printing Output only? Since we do not print any POs, should we uninstall it?  Or is this note still needed to create the custom development. I am still thinking we might pursue modifying the PO Release Strategy to include GTS. Based on your input, it sounds like we have to go custom development route anyway since the Release Strategy is already integrated to prevent output if there is a block.