cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to multiple interfaces in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can we handle same Idoc ( MATMAS.MATMAS03) sending to multiple interfaces in XI otherthan using multi mapping?

If we develop one scenario now and in future if you want to send same idoc to different systems, do we have to change the existing interface?. Alternatively is it possible to add another interface?. Please clarify.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using BPM, U can use send the same IDoc to different systems with out changing interface.

Use FORK control step.

It will branches the same IDoc to different receivers, which are U mentioned in receiver determination.

From,

Yallabandi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and Rajesh,

thanks for reply. My Question is existing Interface(Matmas-XI-File) is already in production. I have to develope another interface ( Matmas-XI-File- New file system meaning different receiver)with totally different mapping from the first one. Would you please give brief steps I need to follow. I donot want to mess with first interface already in Production.

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a new mapping - matmas- file

then in ID you just need to extend the receiver det

to add the new receiver and the rest of the ID

objects will be new

you won't mess anything with the old interface

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I'm sorry still I'm confused. THe original Interface which is in prod is Idoc-XI-File in which Single Idoc being sent each time to the file.

Now I'm developing another Scenario in which I'm using BPM to collect all Idocs into File and then send to File ( multiple records.. each record being one idoc). This new scenario is in different namespace. I configured everything as usual.

Now during testing I sent Idoc from R3. It went to the old interface and not to the new. I did attached new R3 system as business system in configuration scenario. I gone thru documentation, as extended option in interface determination is used for multi mapping, I dont know how to apply it to my scenario..Are there any blogs which can help me thru this scenario.

When Idoc sent from R3 to XI, If that particular business system ( related to R3) is attached to more than one scenario, Does Idoc will be duplicated and fed to both scenarios?

Do we have to Use same Scenario if we are adding new Interfaces/receivers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ST,

As Michal explained it, not the same scenario, but only the same Receiver Determination, plus one entry: your new receiver.

But in this way, both receivers (old+new) will receive the data.

Do you want to have case 1 or case 2 ?

1. Matmas --> Receiver_1 via mapping_1

AND Matmas --> Receiver_2 via mapping_2 / BPM_2

2. Matmas --> Receiver_1 via mapping_1

OR Matmas --> Receiver_2 via mapping_2 / BPM_2

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael, thanks a lot. Iam looking for CASE 1. Within Case 1 Receiver_1 via Mapping_1 is already in production.

Would you please explain the steps I need to do in both scenarios ( I think I dont have to change any in Scenario - Receiver_1 via Mapping_1 which is in prod.)

Thanx a lot for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, as it's case 1, I think it's easier.

You have two ways:

1. Inside <b>ID</b>, use your previous Scenario:

=> after that, you will have 1 scenario...

1.1 Create a new Business Process (BPM_2)

1.2 Inside your <u>existing</u> Receiver Determination, add your new BPM_2 as a receiver (use righ-click + "insert above").

1.3 with your triplet "Sender_name + Sender_interface + BPM_2", create your Interface Determination

1.4 As receiver is a BPM, Receiver Agreement is not needed.

Then, you need to configure the step "BPM_2 -> Receiver_2"

1.5 Create a Receiver Determination between your BPM_2 (sender) and your receiver_2.

1.6 create your Interface Determination

1.7 create your Receiver Agreement (receiver adapter)

2. Inside <b>ID</b>, use a new Scenario:

=> after that, you will have 2 scenarios which use the SAME Receiver Determination "Matmas -> Receiver_1 + BPM_2"

2.1 create a new Scenario

2.2 <b>ADD</b> to this scenario your existing Receiver Determination ("Matmas -> Receiver_1").

2.2 do the same steps than "1.1 -> 1.7"

At the end, you will have:

Matmas --> | Receiver_1              => File_1 with single Idoc
            | BPM_2

BPM_2 --> Receiver_2    => File_2 with collected IDocs

Mickael

Message was edited by: Mickael Huchet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mickael for your time. I will change my interface as per these steps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you just want to send Matmas to many systems

all you need to do is to add another

receiver determination

you don't need to modify the old interface at all

you just add new mapping in ID and then

extend the old receiver determination