cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF - How to change HANA DB time / date / timezone?

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed BW on Hana, and i'm facing an issue when starting the system. I get ZDATE_LARGE_TIME_DIFF dumps which prevent me to do anything on the system (and the installation cannot finish). I've checked the error message and the time difference is 10 hours between the DB and the Application server. I've checked both Windows and Linux time settings, and synchronised them to the same server, and, from the OS, I can see the same time, but from Hana Studio, I see the wrong time. The difference of 10 hours is the difference between my time zone (Australia) to UTC.

Does anyone faced this same issue? Or does anyone knows where can I set the timezone on the DB?

In the meantime, I've managed to finish the installation by changing the time of the BW app server (windows) to be UTC.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also have a look to this Document for possible solutions -

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to change time or time zone (parameter TZ in profile) on SAP HANA server you have to go to folder (as <sid>adm):

/usr/sap/<SID>/home

Next -> you need to backup file:

cp -p .sapenv.csh .sapenv.csh_<date>

Attention - before this you need to stop database!

In next step edit this file and delete the line with time zone:

setenv TZ UTC

Next logout and login as <sid>adm and check current time:

date

Now you can start your database again.

Best regards,

Pawel

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

also review this SAP Note 101726 - Incorrect times and time zone setting

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

and one more tip - also provide information from these reports: TZCUSTHELP, TZCUSTDISP

note that you will have to enter your current time (real date, time and in which timezone you are physically sitting at given moment)

Tomas

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, I will do all those things and post the results.

But currently the time settings of my systems are wrong, since I had to change my BW server to UTC (in windows), while the Hana server, in Linux is on UTC +10 (but if I restart the Hana instance, the start time in the Overview tab shows my current time - 10).

Cheers,

Diego

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is important is that UTC time (that will be calculated from configured time zone and configured time in that timezone) is same on both servers and corresponding to reality. Best is to use UTC time on both systems and set time to actual UTC time.

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

also perform following on Linux machine

as root:

env | grep TZ
date

as sidadm:

env | grep TZ
date

And paste here result.

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what matters is UTC time of the servers - in case that you manually synchronized time - are the servers also in same timezone?

Did you do this while HANA and SAP was up and running or did you restart?

Also please run transaction SE38 and execute report RSDBTIME.Paste here the output.

Tomas