cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Versions Time and Date Populating in Classification Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have a question in capturing the details of date and time of the content versions.

As we all know, multiple check-in of the same file will result in multiple content versions creation

These content versions will be stored in DIR originals with the time and date. If I want to populate the latest time and date of the content version in some classification data, is it possible to achive it ? Is yes how ? What is the table value of this time and date visible in the content versions ?

Thanks,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

regarding your description I can inforrm you that there is a special pilot note which enables the display of date and time on the 'originals' tab in DMS for each content version. I think that this might be interesting for you. If you want to have this

SAP pilot note you would have to raise a customer message under component CA-DMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your response. As I alrady said, I can able to get these details but am looking to capture it somewhere which I can use to embedd in the drawing and this particular case is for files checked in throgh CAD Desktop. ( SAP-PRO/E)

Scenario : I have a part in Pro/E. Once I check in, I can get the Document Type, Document Version, Document Part ( From DIR fields ) which are actully generated in SAP in my Pro/E Part Parameters ( Acheived through CDESK and customistion files configurations ) similarly I can push certain values from CAD to SAP like Description and Additional Data values in DIR, material net Weight from CAD to Material if I generate Material using the interface.

There is option in customisation files supplied by vendor ( Reiss Engineering ) to get the above mentioned values for eg. for getting doc type I can use the below logic to get the Document type displayed in DIR into the CAD Paramters.

UPDATE_PARAMETER SAP_DOC_TYPE

Similarly am looking to bring the Date and Time displayed in the content versions which the customisation file is not having.

The requirement here is , I should get Date and Time displayed in content versions and appear in Pro/E Drawing-Paramters like how am getting Document Type, Document Version & Document part in earlier case. If I can achive this, I can embedd these values in one corner of my drawing template so that immediatly after checkin, the drawing will be having date and time embedded in it. So even though it undergoes multiple check-in's the drawings generated can reveal if its the latest one or not as the date and time of the content versions is visible in the drawing.

Can this be acheived somehow in standard functionality ? Or it requires any development ?

Or this is addressed in Engineering Desktop?

Thanks

SM

Edited by: Sudharshan M on Dec 15, 2011 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christope,

Can you help me to extract the data which I had asked ?

Thanks,

SM