cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing into suppliers packaging materials with external HU numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a scenario where we have customer packaging materials that contain a customer barcode. We consider this as an external HU number. During picking through RF, we would like to pack during picking into this customer packaging material. Tcode LM45 seems to offer some kind of logic but will not allow entering any HU number which is not yet known in the system.

Any ideas on this?

thanks,

MZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define separate packing material type and assign external number.Once you scan system will pick this handling unit number then crete inbound delivery in background to receive the handling unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate a bit more? re you referring to the HID dummy delivery type?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how you receive the handling units ?.If you are receiving material from PO then using an idoc then in idoc function module put the logic crete the inbound delivery with external HU number for receipt.

You can use HID dummy delivery type susyem should create the delivery with customer handling unit numbers for receipt.

I think you need to develop custom program which you need to insert HU number ,material qty ,plant and storage location then system will generate packing lable in background to receipt the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We receive empty customer packaging that have a customer barcode (let's assume this will be our handling unit number). We do not receive these in stock but during picking and packing all items to be picked are packed into these packaging materials.

End result should be an outbound delivery containing handling units with customer numbers, i.e. external number range.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Answers (0)