cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFFECT OF CANCELLING INVOICE ALREADY CLEARED IN ACCOUNTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I want to know the effect of cancelling an invoice already cleared in accounting. Please note that I did not reset the cleared document before cancelling the invoice. what is the effect and how do i resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Eki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

You can prevent this by assigning routine 29 to your billing type in VOFA against the field "Copying requirements"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a normal scenario, once the accounting document is cleared, the invoice should not be cancelled. Because the customer has already paid for the same and all the relevent G/Ls are updated. But when you try to reverse the inovice, it will not update the cleared payment, but it will just make the invocie open and reverse the accountign document. We can't pervent this using standard sap. As the earlier reply suggested, you need to develop a routine.

The best way is to issue a credit memo.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Its wrong way of doing, you can restrict this in VTFF from your billing type to cancel billing type, header you need to assign requirment - Copying requirements - cancel cleared items not remeber the correct requirment .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is already discussed in this forum.kindly search the forum before you post.click the bellow link.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response, but my question is "what is the effect i mean the Impact of cancelling an invoice with accounting status as cleared. Does it have other effect in accounting or not?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No effect normally, if you have different GL for cancellation then might have problem.