SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for Budget Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

So far, we did not have a release scenario required for our budget. But now we are planning to include budget releases, either through FMMPRELE transaction or manually through FMBB. We did the following for the same

1. Defined the release scenario

2. Defined a budget type OPRE for Release

3. Assigned ENTER, RELEASE and SUPPLEMENT for OPRE

4. In Edit Status, for the Status Control Settings for Release, we added the processes for the OPRE budget type.

Now when I try releasing the budget using the transaction FMBB with the BCS Vakue Type Release, we get the message "The budget amount is not sufficient for release" with the diagnosis "The Eligible released budget is greater than the Eligible consumable budget for FM account assignment".

In the Define Consumable Budget in Availability Control, under the Budget Type selection for the Commitment Budget Ledger Type, we have the BCS Value type as B1 (Budget) and not R1 (Release). I am not sure if changing the BCS Value Type to release would ensure that this error is rectified. But as of now, I am not even able to change the BCS value type (looks hard-coded).

Can any of the experts here point out the tricks I might have missed out ?

Thanks and Regards,

Wy.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A quick update from my side....

The OPRE budget was checked to be ineligible for cover, and now we did not get any error - in fact, the document got posted in FMBB for BCS Value type "Released" and the corresponding document and budget types for release.

The problem is that though the document got posted, there was no change in the Consumable Budget (B1 effect possibly ?). The Budget still gets compared against the total entered budget, and not the Released Budget.

Suggestions solicited from experts....

Regards,

Wy.

PS : In the "Define AVC filter settings for budget values, within the definition of consumable budget, the FM CB availability control has the Value Type Selection as <B>, which when changed to spaces, allows budget release functionality !!!

To sum it all up, do the following if you want a budget release functionality in your organisation.

1. Funds Management Government -> BCS -> Budgeting -> Basic Settings -> Definition of Budget Data -> Budget Releases

a. Define Release Scenario (check release for FM area)

b. Define a budget type for release (make sure Non-Eligible Budget is checked)

c. Assign all the processes to the Budget Type for Release

2. Funds Management Government -> BCS -> Budgeting -> Control Budgeting Flow -> Edit Status -> Go the Status you are using for this year, and add the Release Budget Type in the Status Control Settings (Release)

3. Funds Management Government -> BCS -> Availability Control -> Settings for Availability Control Ledger -> Define Filter Settings for Budget Values -> Define the Consumable Budget ->For the Ledger Types, space out value type selection. (Budget or releases according to fund dependent settings)

Once these settings are done, go to FMMPRELE, select the % you want to release..and VOILA !!!! This % gets selected as the Consumable Budget in the Report...

Happy Releasing !!!!

Edited by: Wellworthy on Dec 9, 2011 5:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the steps above for the solution in the case of simple releases without fund types....