Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen Performance issues: Fields with unicode (Urdu) data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I am an ABAPer and dont know much of BASIS details of ECC 6.0 system im working on. But i do know that its UNICODE.

My problem is that i have a Z-table which has a CHAR255 field. I have uploaded unicode data into this field. By UNICODE i mean its Urdu language data like

میرا نام سلمان ہے۔

Now whenever i view this data in some screen field (for example Debugger screen or maintenance view screen or some custom screen containing this field), the system response decreases considerably. Considerable means UN-ACCEPTABLE. Screen hangs and takes 40-50 seconds to resume and then again goes into sleeping mode even just on click.

Although if i view the table through se16 or se16n, the response is slow but within acceptable limits.

What could be the problem here? My gut feeling is perhaps it has something to do with BASIS configuration or some GUI patch may be.

Waiting for helpful response.

Regards

1 REPLY 1

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt you will find anyone here who knows the reason for your issue.

My proposal would be to try the latest sapgui with the latest patch and if the problem persist, raise a customer message.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel