Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

Not able to delete records via import.

Scenario is like this.

Productid DMUSERS(Lookup)

100 XYZ, ABC, KKK

110 ABC, JJJ, XYZ

Need to delete certain users for Product ids. Say for example DMUSERS 'XYZ' has to be deleted for Product id '100' and '110'.

IN MAPPING fieldsfor DMUSERS -> MultiValued is set as Replace ; Value mapping for DM USERS XYZ value is mapped with 'NULL'.

Default Import Action - UPDATE all MAPPED FIELDS

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by: Felix on Dec 7, 2011 10:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having mapped with NULL wont serve your purpose, as the delete option is available for Tuple update only.

You can check the configuration option in the Import Manager, the details for which are available in the MDM Import Manager Guide page 62.

To download the file http://service.sap.com/installmdm71

this will require a login

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you please explain me clearly how to use Filter option for this scenario in Import Manager. Because the data for DMUSERS will be different for different set of Product IDs;as its not a predicted.fixed data set.

Hi Abhishek,

I donot see any options for deleting data for lookup flat MultiValued.

Please let me know if there is any workaround

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Info :

100 XYZ, ABC, KKK

110 ABC, JJJ, XYZ

Need to delete certain users for Product ids. Say for example DMUSERS 'XYZ' has to be deleted for Product id '100' and '110'.

IN MAPPING fieldsfor DMUSERS -> MultiValued is set as Replace ; Value mapping for DM USERS XYZ value is mapped with 'NULL'.

Default Import Action - UPDATE all MAPPED FIELDS

I request you confirm my understanding.

You are trying to replace these users who are part of value of DMUSERS multivalued field in the lookup table with NULL.

Right?

also what is the matching field you are using?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ravi...Certain Users needs to be deleted for the product id...

In the scenario i had explained earlier,

XYZ user has to be deleted for product id 100 .Also the other user ABC and KKK should not be deleted for product id 100.

XYZ user has to be deleted for product id 110 .Also the other user JJJ should not be deleted for product id 100.

We have a set of 2000 records which needs to be done. The user data is different for various product ids, so its a tedious process to delete it manually.

Thats the reason why we are trying to use Import Manager for deletion.There is no defalut import action as delete for lookup flat MV.Thats why trying to map the User data which needs to be deleted to Null;and trying my luck.

Let me know ur thoughts/or any other workaround.

Thanks

Edited by: Felix on Dec 9, 2011 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As deletion option is not available for lookup,

One method i can suggest is, run an assignment for all the fields which you wanna delete, append or prefix with some characters, once you have an list of the data you wanna delete, run another assignment to replace them with blank value.

With import manager, try to replace the values in NULL, and select the import action as update mapped fields only,

another import action 'Replace', which i havent tried, can be explored.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I think we can try few solutions on this.Syndicate the lookup in excel.

Let us prepare a source with number + DM user as 1 column apart from others.Also,split DMuser 1,DMuser2,and DMuser3 in the excel.Hold these in 3 dummy fields in the lookup table.

Now,from the source have a column with one constant values YES,this will be a flag.

In the lookup table,concatnate ProdId with DMuser1,DMuser2,and DMUSER3 for all the 3 dummy fields so that we get value like:

100XYZ 100ABC etc

Now map the flag to in the lookup to a flag field.

Set the matching criteria with ProdId and DMuser1,if this value is present in case of EXACT match,do a Updateflag null.

Same procedure for DM user 2 + ProdID and DMUser3+ ProdId is to be repeated.

Set appropriate filter at record matching step,select the values to be filtered.

So this way we have flag value YES against right records and we have 3 dummy records holding combination of id + user.

Now a assignment can help delete the value you wish.

Although this sounds complex but is not more than few steps of work,its worth a shot.

Else you can also achieve this using a java/abap code.Here you only have to pass right constraints and then selected records can be deleted.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.Closing this thread , directly deleting a lookup record via import manager is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Direct deletion of Tuple is not possible,

The option are to develop a simple logic in JAVA API or ABAP API, to serve the purpose.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felix,

100 XYZ, ABC, KKK

110 ABC, JJJ, XYZ

You can achieve this by following the below steps

1. In the Import manager "map field alues Tab" map only two fields (Product ID and DMUsers)

2. Make sure your Import file does not have the lookup value XYZ for Product ID 100 and 110(eg: In your Import file for Product ID 100 and 101 you should have only ABC and KKK and ABC and JJJ respectively)

3. In the destinations field grid, Right click on the DMUSERS field and select the "set Multi values updte option" as "Replace"

4. In Match records Tab select the default Import action as "Update all mapped values"

With this for Product ID 100 you will have new values ABC and KKK and for Product ID 101 you will have ABC and JJJ

Regards,

Prasad

Edited by: Prasad Tuttagunta on Feb 14, 2012 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I am not sure if this will work for lookup multivalued fields but you can try using filter and set appropriate matching field.

Select filter values and use delete option.

Let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi