Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create delivery from confirmed order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a very unique issue here which is explained as follows:

There are three orders created for Mat A out of which order 1 has got 1 Nos confirmed quantity, order 2 has 1 Nos confirmed quantity, order 3 is created for 2 Nos and zero confirmed quantity as there is only 2 Nos of that material available in stock.

Now when the user tries to create a delivery with ref to order 1, the system throws an error 'only 0 Nos of Mat A available".

The same case with order 2 as well which also has one confirmed quantity. I tried changing the confirmed quantities in CO06 by making it zero for order 1 and 2 and changing the confirmed quantity to 2 for order 3. Still the user was not able to create a delivery with ref to order 3 though 2 Nos were confirmed.

I have checked all the settings related to availability check and accumulation but unable to figure out what the issue is.

The work around solution I arrived at after lot of analysis is, I deleted the line items for Mat A from orders 1 and 2 and saved them. Then in order 3, I clicked on 'check availability' and 2 Nos got confirmed. The user was then able to create a delivery.

Only after the delivery was creted, I re entered the material A in orders 1 and 2. Otrherwise the user was unable to create the delivery w.r.t order 3.

Note: This behaviour is only observed in sales order items with material determination.

Can someone please throw some light on what might be the reason for this wierd behaviour by the system.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu Babu,

In the sales order, go to the availability icon in the bottom and click on that.

System will take you to a new screen with the scope of availability check.

Find the checking group & Checking rule.

For that combination in availability check configuration , uncheck SALES REQUIREMENTS.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@Jignesh: I have checked the substitution reason settings and the strategy is Automatic (blank).

@Lakshmipathi: There is no safety stock maintained in the MM. However, the service level percentage has a value. Will it reflect as the safety stock?

@Hegal: If I remove the sales requirements from the scope of check, will it not give me an incorrect ATP quantity during availability check?

I observed once small difference in the availability check control settings. For the combination of Checking group "02" and Checking rule "A" (sales order), the safety stock option is checked, but for "02" and "B" (delivery) its not checked. Could this be a possible reason for the system behaviour.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu Babu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether any safety stock is maintained in material master for that material, in which case, you will have this issue. You can see in unrestricted stock but system will not confirm to sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Have you checked the Strategy assign to the Substitution Reason in the Material Determination?

Go to below IMG LInk:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Material Determination - Define Substitution Reasons

Probably the Strategy assigned in your case is B - General material determination with selection, without ATP.

Change it to either Blank (Automatic) or A (Substitute products are displayed for selection).

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please confirm if you checked CO09 and MD04? Please check the availability check control in OVZ2 - check the entry for Accumulation.