cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Sorting and Filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented Table Sorting (Using TableSorter.java) and Filtering.

When I put the filter values and click on the filter icon on the column, sorting takes place and the sort asc / desc icon appears next to the filter icon.

I can filter only when I hit enter.

Can I get rid of the filter icon? Or is there any other solution to handle this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

Coming to what is happening in your case, As soon as you click on the filter icon (which normally filters the column), the onAction event of that particular table column is being fired. And since you have used TableSorter, which attaches the sort functionality to the onAction event of all sortable columns, the column is getting sorted.

You can't get rid of the filter icon or rather you shouldn't because that's a notification for the user.

And there is nothing to handle actually. Whatever is happening is normal processing, nothing abnormal.

But if you find the filter icon misguiding, you can implement your own filter, by adding a fixed top cell to the table column and handling the onEnter event of the cell editor.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Message was edited by: Satyajit Chakraborty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for ur suggestion!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

try:

/people/peter.vignet/blog/2007/01/03/generic-web-dynpro-java-table-filter

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your question is how to get rid of filter icon then I am afraid , it is not possible.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If filter icon is not present, how will the user understand that filtering can be done on columns ?

I think your requirements is different ? can you please elaborate a bit more ?

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to provide filter and sort functionality on a table.

For sort, i have used TableSorter.java which generates an icon of is own after u click on a column.

For filter, I have assigned the onFilter property of the table column to a context variable and have created an event handler for onFilter.

On execution, when I click the column name, it sorts the column, i.e. it ignores the filter value entered.

Filtering takes place only when I hit enter. Clicking on the filter icon does not trigger filter.

Hence, if the user enters a filter value and clicks on the filter icon of the column, sorting takes place rather than filtering. The filter icon is misguiding in this case.

If i can get rid of the filter icon then filtering can be identified by the empty row provided in the table.

Is there any way to hide the icon? Or can you suggest anything else by which sorting and filtering can be distinguished from user perspective?