Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to account is determine from tax code or from the VKOA in billing

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the concept of GL account determination in case of billing, as in many threads it is given that the details to be confiure in VKOA, for each condiiton, as in case of PO the tax code is enterd separate in the PO and the condition are enterd in the condition tab, so the tax amount is posted to the GL account which is asign to account key in OB40, as in case of sales the tax code condition are in pricing procedure only then in billing How the tax amount are posted as per setting iin VKOA or as per GL account in FTXP.

regards,

zafar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zafar,

We dont maintain tax determination in VKOA we maintain it in OB40 even if it is from SD.Then only taxes are determined through tax code these are posted to corresponding GLs. Tax codes are assigned in Condition records In VK11.so that these taxes are determined.

Note:except tax conditions,other conditions are maintained in VKOA.we can not determined tax condition through VKOA.it can be possible through only OB40.

Thank you,

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I dont have any problem in case of tax determination process it is working fine, as per setting done VK11 for UTXJ but I found problem in some case

for the tax condiition the GL account is assign as 800000 in OB40 for the account key of that condition, and in the VKOA for the Genral key i have the account 805100 for my chart of account and sales organization, but when I have done the billing then insted of 800000 system posted that amount to 805100, this my confusion only.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here what do you mean by general key?

let me know to which account key you specified GL in VKOA

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general the account is assign for the combination of Chart of account and sales organization only.

regards,

zafar

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zafar,

See the article [R/3 Tax Interface Configuration Guide |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/047ab790-0201-0010-a9b1-e612f8b71dcd?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] in this site. Although it's for 46C I think that it could help you.

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In FTXP you assign account key to condition type and then in VKOA you assign a GL to account key,based on this settings the tax amount will be posted in to respective GL's.

Regards

Ram

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but what if for the account key of tax condition is assign to different GL account in OB40, and also the account key for tax codnition in OBQ3 can be different then compare to account key for same conditiion in SD pricing procedure in V/08 and for thta account key of V/08 the GL account are assign in VKOA, in this case which GL account system will considered the account of tax code or the account of VKOA.

regards,

zafar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are talking about tax condition types, please note, system will NOT consider VKOA settings. Instead, it will consider OB40 only. In your pricing procedure, for your tax condition type, you would have assigned some standard Account Key like MWS, MW1 etc.,

So in OB40, you have to select this Account Key where you would be assigning the relevant G/L Account.

For all other FI postings like Freight, Discount etc.,, system will consider VKOA settings.

G. Lakshmipathi