Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place of EP in Netweaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am new with this netweaver platform.

SAP Netweaver is a integration platform with different modules. ofcourse XI is data adopting,accessing from one landscape to another landscape. remaining for information modules.

i want simple words ..Where exactly Enterprise Portal role in Netweaver? how it helps design pages, app in multiple landscapes?

regards

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

EP is the frontend. It provides a "portal" to all your applications, whether they are SAP or non-SAP apps. It provides a role based structure so that you can config what users see what. The pages consist of iViews which can contain many differen applications, including web dynpro(both flavors), jsps, bsps, and other non-sap apps.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to add more to Rich. EP is the good old days of having Java as a development platform. We need to understand Netweaver as a platform. So SAP started with EP and have moved to Webdynpro model of programming. Webdynpro is new programming language based on Java language. With Java making an entry into SAP product base(previously all was ABAP), we have the option of can integrating open source architecture and frameworks in Netweaver.

Cheers!!!!

Sukanta