Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File 2 File Scenario error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a simple file to file scenario

I wanted to send a text file (notepad) but i wanted to receive it as a xml file---is it possible ?

I got the following status information in sxmb_moni. I want to what is the error? anybody pls help me out in this ?

During the application mapping

com/sap/xi/tf/_f2xml_mm_ a

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException

was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping

transformatio~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

For the error that you are getting in SXMB_MONI is because there is an error in your message mapping.

So what you can do is check ur runtime payload in sxmb_moni with,

IR>message mapping>test tab>give values>test-->source xml

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

XI understands ONLY XML. All messages to and from XI are always XML messages.

Now, if the file being placed by your Legacy System is not going to be an XML file, then you can use the content conversion of your sender File adapter to convert this non XML file to an XML file.

Basic point, all messages that reach the inegration engine of XI need to be in XML format and so you need content conversion to conevrt non xml to xml and vice versa.

Please go thru the links provided by Chandra and also the following links for step by step procedure to do the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

And in your case once you do the content conversion at the sender side, the rest of the steps are the same as any File to file Scenario... For a sample file to file Scenario go through my reply in thread given,

I hope I have answered your query.

Regards,

Abhy

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I wanted to send a text file (notepad) but i wanted to receive it as a xml file---is it possible ?</i>

You will have to perform content conversion in the sender side to achieve the same. These guides and blogs should help.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

<i>

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException

was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping</i>

What is the Payload you are using? Try with something like this:

<Xml tag ..>

<MT_SRC_FILE Namspace...>

<tag>val1</tag>

<tag>val2</tag>

</MT_SRC_FILE>

Regards,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is some error in your mapping.

Also, did you perform the Content Conversion in your file adapter to convert the text to XML?

Regards,

Bhavehs

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have a file content conversion is your doing a Text file to XML file

Check out this blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

Thanks,

Prakash