Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit issue

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We have a requirement to assign a different payer while selling free goods (TANN) along with standard goods (TAN) in a sales document. When I try to assign a different payer for free good, the system throws an error saying

Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in header

Message no. VP237

Diagnosis

If the document contains more than one payer, then they must be in one common credit management account.

Procedure

Maintain the credit master data for the relevant payer (reference).

Even though oth header payer and item payer are assigned to one credit control area, its showing the error. Please Advise

Regards

Sidhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sidhu,

There is one OSS note exists 1010794 this is used where the Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in header.

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have found the same note have already been applied for our version. Any other suggestions ???

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Please give me suggestions regarding the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SAP requests these 2 customer have to share one same credit account...Please try below way..

-- FD32 to open one customer and only tick 'status' in the initial screen, then enter

-- Press 'F6'

-- Key in the other customer number in the credit account field..

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.. It worked.. Actually I have done that in our development client. Cud u please explain it!!!. Even though the same credit master data was given earlier, it didnt accept the other payer. Thank u very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credit check/blocked or release happens against the entire sales order instead of sales order items.. If the payer in header is different with the payer in item and one payer can pass the credit check while the other can not pass the check, what should SAP reacts? I think the reason is just that SAP wants to simplify the credit check logic..

gino_babu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. gotcha... thanks buddy..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

SAP does not support multiple payer in a single sales order.

Thanks