cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inward inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have a query. When i receive a raw material for inward inspection(say 100 nos qty), out of which 60 are found ok, and remaining 40 is sent for replacement back to vendor. Now

1) in the first case how to do the usage decision for the 60 nos(ok pieces) and 40 nos( replacement)

2) when i receive the remaining 40 nos from the vendor as replacement, how to track it with the last lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) in the first case how to do the usage decision for the 60 nos(ok pieces) and 40 nos( replacement)

U need to design a UD Code for Partial aceptance for such scenarios

Take this UD, in insp stock posting post 60 in unrestricted (321 mvt) and in 40 in Return delivery (122 mvt)

2) when i receive the remaining 40 nos from the vendor as replacement, how to track it with the last lot.

u can track the new inspection lot troug hPurchase order and item number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

when u recieve the replacement than put the previous document in Refer, during GRN as well as in PO also

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Post ur 40 nos in return to vendor stck and when u get replacement, it will be with the same material document refer.

rest part is simple for UD.

Regards

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

> i have a query. When i receive a raw material for inward inspection(say 100 nos qty), out of which 60 are found ok, and remaining 40 is sent for replacement back to vendor. Now

> 1) in the first case how to do the usage decision for the 60 nos(ok pieces) and 40 nos( replacement)

> 2) when i receive the remaining 40 nos from the vendor as replacement, how to track it with the last lot.

Answer-1: In this case you can post 60 nos in unrestricted while remaining 40 you can post in return to vendor field during inspection lot posting.

Answer-2 If these materials are batch manged then guess you will have batch number b1 for first lot, now when you receive 40 nos back from vendor then during GR you can enter earlier created batch number manually during GR b1 or you can enter b1-1, so you will have identity this material receive back from vendor as replacement.

If these materials are not batch managed then during GR, you can enter earlier lot number somewhere like delivery note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nandi,

The movemet type for Return to vendor is 122. You can return the material with referene to material document also.

Second point is returns stock to unrestricted stock... while receiving stock from Vendor, you might have placed the stock in quality or blocked, then do transfer posting to unrestricted from the stock type what you have posted.

Regards,

Ram