Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of reference document number is invalid Message no. 8A556

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have problem while executing transaction Manual Posting incoming invoice with t-code FB60. The error message shown as written above "Format of reference document number is invalid Message no. 8A556"

I have check the customizing on document type and number range, they are all standard SAP, nothing strange as far my concern.

Could any one give any idea on this problem.

Thanks in advance

Irhasni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irhasni,

somehow in the latest SAP ECC6 standard package, they set it that way for country code 'ID',

But you can remove those in SPRO.

SPRO -> General Application Functions -> Cross Application Document Numbering -> Argentina -> Assign Document Class to Document Type

Country = 'ID'

Delete all document types in the list.

Then you'll be OK.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

this reply is indeed helpful. Thanks boen boen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yunus,

I read about this error before.. check the link below.. it will help you understand the error..

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-acct/format-of-reference-document-number-is...

BR,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls Check your field status group and on general data, set reference to suppress

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you posting it with reference to some document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Irhasni

please check in document types in OBA7 were you selected Referance No. check box.(Under required during document entry) respected Document type

Regards

shankar

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rohitbali,

No , I am just posting normal manual posting with FB60.

without reference to any number document

Thanks

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have check OBA7, there is no effect if the reference ticked or not, the system still with the same error message.

What could be the problem and solution.

Thanks for your help.

Irhasni

irhasni_yunus2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have tried to investigate this problem but still have no solution for doc. type KR (Posting vendor invoice)

During investigation on this problem, I did a simulation posting using document type other than KR (assign manually) either by t-cod FB60 or F-02 or F-43, I chose doc. type KA and SA, there is no error when using this doc type, it create Accounting document and Tax line item also appear.

From the simulation I did with this problem, the problem seems on Document type KR (default doc. type for Vendor Invoice). I suspect, it might some setting at other modul likely at MM that control the "Reference" field during document entry... eventhough this field is not set as mandatory at OBA7, it's still saying the same error message.

Is there anyone have any ideas about problem in document type KR?

Thanks in advance

Irhasni