cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during "Generate BDC and Resource Models"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger & All,

I am trying to "Generate BDC and Resource Models" and I am getting the below error when executing:

"Maintain mapping of BDC Models and External Services in customising"

I dont suppose you recognise it?. I am reconnecting an SCL Fix Pack 1 to a new ECC6 backend so wondering If I need to clean something up.

Many Thanks

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

From the question I understand that you have not used the new development tools used in FP1, but want to use the BDC model created in Duet Enterprise 1.0.

For this reason you are tryin to get the BDC model & resource file using SIMGH -> Microsoft SharePoint Integration Activities -> BDC Publisher -> Generate BDC and Resource Files

The error message states that the mapping between BDC model (you had created) and the external service (SOAP service) is not maintained. Please maintain it in SIMGH -> Microsoft SharePoint Integration Activities -> BDC Publisher -> Create Mapping Between Services and BDC Models. Here you will have to provide the External name if the SOAP service.

Once you create this mapping try to execute "Generate BDC and Resource Files"

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Girimurugan. I passed this onto the developers who now complete the steps required.

Many Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girimurugan,

Iam also facing similar type of issue at Duet Server. In my scenario also in Create Mapping Between Services and BDC Models step, the External Service Name is not maintained.

As you told

Here you will have to provide the External name if the SOAP service

How can I get the External Name of the SOAP service for the corresponding BDC/Resource Name?

Please suggest me as Iam new in this area.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Both the problems are little different. But anyway I have replied to you original thread. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Girimurugan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

From the question I understand that you have not used the new development tools used in FP1, but want to use the BDC model created in Duet Enterprise 1.0.

For this reason you are tryin to get the BDC model & resource file using SIMGH -> Microsoft SharePoint Integration Activities -> BDC Publisher -> Generate BDC and Resource Files

The error message states that the mapping between BDC model (you had created) and the external service (SOAP service) is not maintained. Please maintain it in SIMGH -> Microsoft SharePoint Integration Activities -> BDC Publisher -> Create Mapping Between Services and BDC Models. Here you will have to provide the External name if the SOAP service.

Once you create this mapping try to execute "Generate BDC and Resource Files"

Thanks,

Girimurugan