cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospective Customer Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused. We are using the prospective customer account group (005), that supposedly will let you create a quote and an order but save the order as incomplete until you enter in a valid sold to partner number. I can save and deliver an order using the customer created as a prospect. What am I missing that will make the sales document incomplete until a valid customer number is entered?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never worked with prospective customer type, but can think about a solution. In the incompletion procedure assigned to the sales document (path SPRO->Sales and distribution -> Basic function ->Log of incomplete item), add the field KUNNR at sales header -> procedure fields. This will put the sales document in incomplete status and won't allow to create subsequent documents.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestion, but Kunnr is populated with my Prospective customer. If there were some method of incompletion control where I could check the account type of that customer, that could work.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks my mistake in understanding the requirement. Why don't you use user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK in program MV45AFZB to check valid customer number. If no valid customer is not maintained, then you can provide hard error/waring message and by further using user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in program MV45AFZZ, you can apply delivery/billing block.

Will this fulfill your requirement?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, but the whole point of the account group 005 Prospective customer was to provide this functionality as an SAP standard process, I shouldn't have to utilize a user exit.