Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Online form with default values on submit not connecting to SAP

kshamatha_eda2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a AIF embedded in web dynpro (ABAP) and i have set default values from web dynpro to the form fields. On submit nothing happens( I also have script message boxes before and after submit event and they triggered in the form). But if I change a value on any of the fields then it connects to SAP and works ok.

Also after submit i would like the form fields to be enabled for changes. Do i need to create another view or am i missing anything in my main view with the form UI element.

Thanks

Kshamatha

Edited by: Kshamatha Eda on Dec 6, 2011 8:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kshamtha,

- Have you inserted the Web Dynpro Script in your Adobe form.

You will find this option under Utilities -> Insert WebDynpro Script

- Have you assigned a method to the Interactive form element?

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

kshamatha_eda2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes to Web Dynpro Script.

What about the method are you talking about action event?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Adobe Interactive form element there is an "onSubmit" event. Have you created any method for this event.

Assuming that you form has below hierarchy:

BP

SubForm1

TextField1

TestField2

Submit_Button

To make fields editable after submission, you can write following JavaScript in the onClick event of Submit button available on the form.

BP.SubForm1.TextField1.access = "readOnly"; // For making field non editable

BP.SubForm1.TextField2.access = " "; // For making field editable.

Hope this help.

Amit

kshamatha_eda2
Explorer
0 Kudos

tried what you have here. No luck. Whole of the interactive form is disabled on submit click.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just want to confirm, you were able to edit values in the field and click on submit button.

After clicking on submit button, whole form is disabled?

Can you tell me the hierarchy of the form and where and what script you have written?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i can enter/edit data before submit. But once i click submit the whole form is locked. I just have one form with 2 input fields. There is no script anywhere except the standard script for native web dynpro submit. On submit i can debug into SAP and the data gets processed but once it gets back to the screen the form is locked none of the other elements in the dynpro are locked.

the actual form and adobe controls such as the "highlight fields," "thumbnails," etc buttons are all disabled like in the above thread. But i am on 7.01 SP 3