cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC NW V10 SP05 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We get this message when we are trying to login to some of environments when we try to log in to the EPM add in.

In the environment shell or a copy of it, the log in works fine. We are just having problems to access the IFRS toolkit.

I know it is a very generic message that i have seen in other versions as well but maybe someone might be able to help me out?

Kind regards,

Marijn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same problem.

Have a look here :

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Olivia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same issue after completing the transport to QA. We cannot log into the Excel Add-in in QA due to this error.

Is there any resolution or suggestion to this?

Thanks

former_member192799
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have seen this as well, and seems to be caused by some secured dimensions in the model.

you might want to test the following with a copy of the environment.

try this:

go to admin, manage models. Take note of the security on the secured dimensions.

unsecure some of the dimensions, save and process

login with Excel. It should work. If not try variations on the dimensions that you unsecure.

After that, sometimes i was able to resecure the dimensions and still be able to login with Excel, but I'm not sure if that's consistently the case

Best regards,

Bruno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have tried changing the secured dimensions but i get an error message:

Model settings could not be saved.

Have tried to delete the work status settings but it still does not work.

Do you have any other options?

former_member192799
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marijn,

Please take a look at note 1645167. However that was a note for SP04 systems, and was going to be included in SP05. So the problem you are seeing might have a different cause...

Bruno