cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Recommendation for PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer is going for fresh PI installation where we would be migrating existing Point to Point interfaces into PI from SAP to third party.

Which version should i be recommending? They currently have Ecc6 . This arises the following questions to be.

1. Should it be PI 7.3 Vs PI 7.1 EHP1?

2. Dual stack or single stack?

3. Dependencies to be checked?

4. Future Upgradation

Please let me know how to decide on these things as am confused.

Regards

Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Should it be PI 7.3 Vs PI 7.1 EHP1?

Go with the latest version. Since you guys are moving for the first time to PI, I would recommend directly to 7.3

>Dual stack or single stack?

This is purely based on your existing interfaces requirement. If your current interfaces requires stateful context of message processing using BPM and correlation functionalities etc, go for dual stack otherwise single java stack is sufficient.

> Dependencies to be checked

I dont see any major dependencies between ECC and pi 7.3 or so... You dont see any impact

>Future Upgradation

Yes always possible for all versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had forgot to mention that currently we have SAP 4.7 only. Does it create any issues in interacting with SAP PI 7.3.

Regards

Krish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I had forgot to mention that currently we have SAP 4.7 only

The above SAP backend system has no local integration engine and you would certainly see impact in the proxy scenarios and web service scenarios during integration. Plus I believe the java version that runs on app server is 1.4.+ in those versions.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Which version should i be recommending? They currently have Ecc6 . This arises the following questions to be.

>

> 1. Should it be PI 7.3 Vs PI 7.1 EHP1?

>

PI 7.3 EHP1 is right one.

> 2. Dual stack or single stack?

>

Definetly single stack(Good Bye to Dual stack).

> 3. Dependencies to be checked?

>

No.

> 4. Future Upgradation

>

If you go for PI 7.3 EHP1 , then customer point of view he case save hard ware cost and in future if he want to upgrade to new version very smooth and required less time.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to go for PI 7.3 as it have lot of value added features to the product and provides benefits to the customer ROI also..

Only thing here you need to consider again is either single stack or dual stack..depending on their existing scenarios..

if needed bpm then need to go for 7.3 with dual stack...else can look for lean setup of PI...(though not sure how bpm is supported in these cases...though aware of the Netweaver BRM..but its from 7.31 onwards...)

so list them all possible features and benefits and go for latest version...

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go for PI 7.3 as it will help your customer for a much better migration onto single stack PI in the future.

Also PI 7.3 is a significant upgrade in comparison with PI 7.11