Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Hook

Thomas_Berger
Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

we want to use the password hook to synchronize the AD password to the sap system's.

We installed the password hook on the primary domain controller -when the user changed the password on the

primary domain controller we get the infomation from the new password to the idm system fine!

but when the user change the password on a other domain controller we doesn't get the information to the password hook

on the primary domain controller?! is it really necessary to install the password hook on all domain controller?

bg Thomas Berger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Yes, the PW Hook must be installed on all domain controllers. All AD based password management tools work this way.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

in my opinion you're right.

the password hook catches the "password stream" if a user changes the password using Ctrl - Alt - Del. In case of using a different domain controller, the password is going to be synchronized by AD methods. That means, the password hook doesn't takes account in these update processes on a user.

I'm not sure, but i think the exact function of password is described within the documentation.

Kind regards,

Achim Heinekamp