cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New DIR with reference to another DIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a new DIR(Document) of different doc type in cv01n with reference to another DIR of diffrerent doc type?

E.g. I already have created a DIR 1000000612(say for e.g) of doc type CCD.

I want to create a new DIR by refencing this DIR(1000000612) of doc type CTP.

Is it possible? If yes, then pls guide how to acheive this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to create a DIR(1000000612) of doc type CTP having reference of DIR 1000000612 of doc type CCD, You should sue the T-code CV01N and fill all details of your document type CTP once you are done with it use the template option which is just below the Document version you need to fill details of your DIR 1000000612 of doc type CCD , Thus the refrence is created.

Do let me know if you still have doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, this i knew.. but the problem is when i tried to change my doc type above tempalte field, system throws error that this doc. doesn't exist.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NHgoel,

You can copy if both Doc Type are same.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, this i knew.. but the problem is when i tried to change my doc type above tempalte field, system throws error that this doc. doesn't exist.

Changing the Document Type defeats the very purpose of the Template feature.Please note that your requirement cannot be satisfied.As pointed out by Mangesh,it works only incase you wish to create another DIR of the same Doument Type indicated in the template.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok!!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you try using templates in DMS to get your results achieved.

Regards,

Deepak Kori