cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running the RFC on ECC 6.0 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Champs,

The problem I am facing while sending the data for validation and invalidation from RFC on ECC server to Pi server to be send to a webservice. This scenario was working perfectly fine when the RFC was run on R/3 4.7 server. On upgradation of R/3 server to ECC 6.0 server we found the folowing error while we run the RFC on ECC server.

alternativeServiceIdentifier:party/service from channel configuration are not equal to party/service from lookup of alt ..

I have also re-imported the RFC's from ECC server to PI server and activated it again to overcome this problem, but still I am getting this error. Also I have done the CPA cache refresh too. But the problem still persist.

Some times when we keep on clicking on this error continously then we are able to get the desired results ie either valid or invalid. Is there something which needs to be done when we migrate the RFC from R/3 server to ECC server? Pls let me know how to solve this problem... Any help on this on priority basis is highly appreciated.

Thanking You in Advance.

Regards

S Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Adapter specific identifiers of your Business system in PI...

it should have the same ECC id and client number....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

can you please elaborate more about where to find the Adapter Specific Identifier in the Business system where RFC Adapter is configured.. I could just see the Adapter Specific Message Attributes under Advanced tab in the Communication Channel configured for RFC Adapter. Kindly let me know where should I search for Adapter Specific Identifier?

Thanking You

Regards

S Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Just an attempt.

1. Try to edit and re activate again the channesl

2. Check out this note 730870

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to see the adapter specific identifers for the business system under which you have associated your rfc sender communication channel..

i.e go to business system of your SAP ECC 6.0 configured in your PI System in Integration directory.

open that business system and in the menu option you can find out the adapter specific identifiers...

there the ECC sys id and client no should be correct.. you need to maintain these in SLD under logical system name of business system..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I did the activity as suggested by you but still I am getting the same error while sending the order ID number from ECC 6.0 server. But when check the error in the Moni transaction I am getting the error as follow:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Not enough message parts were received for the operation.

This indicates that there is a problem on the receiver side.. Pls guide me......

Thanks

With Best Regards

S Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I did the edit operation and saved it and also reactivated the cahnnel, but still the problem persists.

THanks

With Best Regards

S Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

you have got another error ....which means now PI is able to receive RFC request and sent to the SOAP Adapter ...

but at the Soap adapter level message response has some parsing error...

I suggest you to close the current thread and raise new one for this to get appropriate responses...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Can you try this

There is a setting in the communication channel - under "advanvced settings" 
called "Verify Sender system" - uncheck this box on all the relevant RFC channels. 
This should solve the problem.

This was mentioned in of the other thread.

Regards

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh P on Dec 6, 2011 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshi,

Can you narrow it to RFC channels and check whether any duplicate comm. channels exists?

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have checked the Communication Channels , there is no advanced mode set. So the option as suggested is not checked. Also I have checked that there is no duplication of the channel present. Only one thing that I would like to point out here is that the ECC 67.0 server is configured at client 700 and PI server to which this RFC's communicate is configured on client 500. There is no other discrepancies in the configuration of RFC's... Pls suggest any other solution for this problem.......

Thanks

Best Regards

S Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is PI version being used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

The PI Version is 7.1 and it was working fine with R/3 4.7 server.

Thanks

Regards

S Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

This is the common error and discussed lot of times at sdn...

search with the error and you will find lot of threads...

Root cause is your sender system is unable to determine the corresponding business system in PI business systems list..

you need to maintain the logical system details for this in SLD of PI...and then you should be able to see the same in your business system adapter specific identifiers in ID..

HTH

Rajesh