cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between maintenace plant and maintenace planning plant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to understand the difference between maintenace plant and maintenace planning plant?

Regards,

Meghana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintenance planning plant

Just the engineers plan the maintenance by creating notification, order

maintenance plant

The maintenance engineers execute the orders and completion of orders created by planners

If both planning and maintenance will be done in the same plant then maintenance planning plant and maintennace plant are same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

If my maintenace plant and planning plant our different in that case where will my order get created ?

Regards,

Meghana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Meghana,

I guess you dont understand the difference between the 2,

Maintenance plant can be all the plants that require the maintenance let them of any size, or you can say that any plant where mainteance is to be exectued is called the maintenance plant.

where as the planning plant is the group persons who are actually responsible for the planning.

may be if you have 4(P1, P3, P3 and P4) maintenance plant located near by. but there is only one group of persons who are doing maintenance planning for all the 4 plants and they are working in plant 3(P3). in that case you will have to create only one maintenance planning Plant (P3), and assign it to all the maintenance plants.

then there you can have the condition that your planning plant is P3 but the maintenance plan is P1 or P2 or P4 or even P3

The assignment needs to be correct.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

yawar Khan

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the planning dept or plant should be used to create the order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok if its a centralized planning then where the order is exceuted (Confirmation ,techo...) ?

Regards,

Meghana

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Confirmation will be carried out for Man Hours , who actually executed the work , so its be at Maintenance Plant level.

Shail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi meghana,

The order will be Techoed and confirmed by the Maintenance Plant.

Rgeards,

Yawar Khan

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though the order is created with planning plant, the operations will be assigned to the maintenance plant.

After executing the job by maintenance plant the confirmation and TECO will be done by the maintenance plant only

Former Member
0 Kudos

nicely explained. Thanks....

Gud job yawar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look at the organizational hierarchy made in our area i.e. plant maintenance, you will see the following;

1. Planning plant is on top of maintenance plants and you know the relationship they possess

2. Planner groups are associated at planning plant level and

3. Work Centers (which are basically group of people responsible for execution of work) are always associated to maintenance plant.

The software just needs planning plant to proceed to the maintenance order screen, where in you have option to bring in any work center, which is associated to a maintenance plant, which is again under that planning plant.

All your confirmations are happening at individual operation level, which are at work center level, so it happens at maintenance plant level.

The technical completion and business completion happens at order header level, which are kind of irrespective of the operations.

I hope this clears.

Ketul

shailendradupadhyay
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintenance Plant is the place where actual maintenance work to be carried out, where as maintenance planning plant is a plant where all the planning to be carried out to do the maintenance.

Maintenance Plant also be maintenance planing plant , depends on business requirement.

Generally many business go for decentralized Planning , so in that case your both plant are same.

Shail

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/3d/b6c43654f211d19d6c0000e8323350/frameset.htm]

PeteA