Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Horizontal Scroll in Table

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a fixed number columns in my table. I'm hiding a couple of columns based on some business logic.

It is being done by using the 'Visible' property of the context itself. Also, scrollable column count has been set to 5 to display horizontal scroll bar.

Initially, the table is displayed properly without any issues and displays only those columns, which are being set visble.

But, when I keep scrolling the horizontal scroll on the browser; after sometime it starts displaying all the columns. I'm not using the any scroll event to hide the fields. I'm doing it 'On Action' of a button to display data.

I'm using IE 6.0. Please let me know in case anybody has faced a similar kind of issue and resolved it. Also, let me know in case any additional details are required.

Regards,

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is that. How did you set the visible columns for scroll count. Is it done through the context attribute binding and providing the value at runtime. Is that So.

When you scroll the table, MODIFYVIEW gets triggered. Can you check wether ONSCROLL is there any event for the Table. If yes, reset the scroll count to 5 as per your requirement.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Lekha-the scroll count has been hardcoded to 5 in the table properties.

We found a solution to this. It's somehow related to the row selection. The issue was resolved, when selectionmode property of the table was set to 'None', restricting any row selection.

Not sure of the real issue though...may be some UI related problem...

Keeping the thread open for any ideas/suggestions on this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create One more attribute in the table context with type WDY_BOOLEAN. bind this new attribute to the corresponding enabled property of the table field and try.

Thanks,

Shailaja Ainala.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply....

But I can't find any 'enabled' property for table columns. This property is available only for Table.

Now, I'm binding it to the 'Visible' property of the individual columns.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts... any thoughts on this?