cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with DCs dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem using DCs dependencies and I don't know what is happening.

I've created a webdynpro (e.g. webdynpro WD_A) where model is defined in Public Part. This component is defined in track TR_A. When I import TR_A I can see this component in "Active DCs".

Then, I created a new webdynpro (webdynpro WD_B) using WD_A model, so there is a dependencie between WD_B which uses WD_A public part. This new component is defined in a new track TR_B.

My problem is that I can't see WD_A defined in WD_B. I've defined dependency in SLD but the development component containing model is empty. ¿How do I have to define dependency between components?

WD_A is built with no errors. It's deployed in development environment.

WD_B is being development.

I don't know where is the problem.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Which public part type did you create for WD_A?

- Which flags did you check when defining WD_A as Used DC for WD_B? I believe Web Dynpro requires a Design Time dependency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WD_A has a Public Part containing an ARFC model. It simply contains the model.

WD_B is using previous Public Part with a Build Time dependency.

My problem is that I can't add WD_A public part to WD_B while I'm developing component. I cannot see WD_A public part in track.

WD_A and WD_B are in differents tracks.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are saying contradictory things:

- "WD_B is using previous Public Part with a Build Time dependency." What do you mean with "previous"?

- "I cannot see WD_A public part in track."

Have you defined a Usage Dependency between the two SC's in the SLD? You should have a Usage Dependency defined for WD_A's SC in the definition of WD_B's SC.

Message was edited by: Pascal Willemsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for my english.

The same problem is described in:

I defined a public part in WD_A that i want to see in WD_B. I defined SCs dependency in SLD.

My problem is that I cannot see WD_A public when I develop WD_B in NWDS. It seems to be ok in CBS, SLD... but configuration doesn't work fine in NWDS.

I don't know the exact problem. I'm working with 6.40SP15

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And your NWDS is also SP15 (2.0.15)?

What did you check in CBS? Did you check the development configurations of both tracks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

My NWDS is 2.0.15 and i checked both configuration in CBS. It seems to be ok but in NWDS i can't see DCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you're saying that WD_A's SC in WD_B's Development Configuration is empty, but CBS does tell you that is has DCs in this configuration? In such a case a restart of NWDS sometimes fixes the problem, but I guess you already tried that. If that doesn't work, you can try a reimport of WD_B's Development Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I reviewed CBS and track dependency is created but it shows 0 DCs inside software component.

I've dependencies with other software components (SAP-JEE, SAP-BUILDT and SAP-JTECHS) and shows Total DCs correctly but it doesn't show my three DCs defined in my shared software component.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for you previously answer