Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Alerts: Email is not sent to the email account

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

I have configured my alerts as per the instructions given in the link below but I am unable to get the email in my inbox.

[SDN: Alert Configuration u2013 Step by Step Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154]

While I try to monitor the email messages sent out of PI in the transaction SOST, I get to see all the status messages in RED. When I see the details, I get to see the value of "Status txt" as "Cannot process message, no route from PIRWBUSER to <EMAIL_ADDRESS>". And the value of "Info from node" is "Error occurred in SAP in SAPconnect".

I have configured all the settings as per the document above but dont know why the email is not getting delivered. I have mentioned the mail server of my organization and it does not contain the IP Address.

Please let me know if there is any way this can be resolved?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have configured the below three steps from the document..

1)Goto t-code SCOT; double-click SMTP and specify the mail-host and mail-port for the respective mail server.

2)Make the u2018Node in useu2019 check box as checked.

3)Click on the u2018Internet->Setu2019 button under u2018Supported address typesu2019 to specify the email-address of the recipient.

Also make sure that you've given fixed receipents and that user has assigned email id in SU01.

Regards,

Priyanka

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Priyanka,

I had already followed all the steps that you have mentioned in your comments above.

All these steps are mentioned in the Blog Link which I mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Arkesh

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy the user from fixed receipents and go to SU01 and check whether email address has been configured for that user or not.

Regards,

Priyanka

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arkesh,

In SU01 Tcode u have to maintain email adress for the user what ever you are giving in Fixed recepeints.

Hope this helps

Regards

Praveen Reddy

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Dec 6, 2011 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we want to send email alerts we should configure Mail server details.

Have you checked the below link

http://saptechnical.com/Tips/XI/Alerts/Mails.htm

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arkesh Sharma ,

you need to check below steps:

1. you need to check the mail server url is corrcet/not in smtp by using t.c scot

2. need to check r u provide correct user detils/not by using t.c su01.

and please go through below link :

thanks,