cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget over utilisation due to day by day exchange rate fluctuation.

0 Kudos

Dear gurus

When I am running the report s_alr_87013558 i am getting negative value in Available (overview) column. This is happening due to exchange rate deviation. For example ,for WBS A ,Available amount is 50 rs. System is allowing me to create PR/PO assuming exchange rate is 1 USD = 50 INR.But when I am taking GR, exchange rate is changed to 1 USD = 53 INR. In this case system is allowing me to take GR.In report s_alr_87013558 its showing available amount as u2013 3 inr. I agree system is following standard functionality. am i missing any thing?

But is it possible to make a warning or error message for over utilization of fund especialy for exchange rate deviation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is it possible to make a warning or error message for over utilization of fund especialy for exchange rate deviation?

I dont think thats possible.

You may have to think about some other alternative. What percentage have you set the to get the budget exceeded error? Is it 100%? Check if your business allows you to maintain it at 110%.

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul

Thanks for your speedy reply. i have set budget exceeding warning message at 75% and error for 100% .but system is not giving either warning message or error message only at the time of budget exceed due to exlchange rate fluctuation.In other cases its giving warning message once it crossed 75% budget value. & error message once it crossed 100% budget value.

Regards

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system is behaving as designed. The system wont prompt an error message specifically for exchange rate fluctuations. Hope you get my point.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Haran Hari,

Pl check transaction group in tolerence limits configuration. Put tr.grp ++(All activity) and give error message if it exceeds budet. Your problem can be sorted out.

Regards,

Kalpesh

0 Kudos

its already given ++ only.see my AVAC is working fine.but its not working only in the case over utilisation only due to exchange rate fluctuation.for all rest of the cases it working fine.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going through all the above, I deduce, your project could be having multi root. The WBS which is exceeding the budget is not reporting to the top WBS, hence it does not come under the AVAC control and the same WBS which is not from the single root, may not have the budget, hence it will accept any expenses. But on the project definition, it will show as negative budget. Please check your project structure.

To rectify this, you can restructure the project by placing the WBS under the top WBS

Best Regards,

Mahesh P Swamy

reena_ghadge
Participant
0 Kudos

AVAC is not checked during GR and this is as per standard. Refer these notes for the same.

696362 If you want AVAC to check during GR,

46209 AVAC didnt check while GR

Regards,

Reena

Edited by: reena ghadge on Dec 7, 2011 2:54 PM