cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade java SPS with NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to upgrade the java AS form SPS 17 to 25, but I have totally no experience on this, so I would like to ask for some information to begin with.

In our landscape we have 3 servers:

1) EP development

2) EP production

3) NWDI installed with our XI

I tried to upgrade server 1 (EP development) to SPS 25 successfully, but I just wonder why the NWDI option is not available and what it does, did I need to use that or I can just upgrade 3 servers one by one?

When I upgrade server 3 (NWDI installed with our XI), I find that there are new component installed, is it normal or I missed something?

Did I need to do anything to server 3 (NWDI installed with our XI) to make sure the NWDI will continue to work after the upgrade?

(e.g. import new version component again?)

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for upgrade, i think you just have to do it one by one.

for server 3 , the sps you downloaded contains additional component, maybe that's why new stuff get installed. it should be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That's mean I can upgrade the 3 servers one by one, and the new component installed should do no harm to server 3 (NWDI installed with our XI).

Would you mind to answer the following questions too?

- What's the NWDI option in JSPM do?

- Is it possible to upgrade the existsing component only and how?

Regards

Bill

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the NWDI option in JSPM do?

what's that?

when you download sps you have to choose the component which is installed in your server 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For the NWDI option, I mean in SPS upgrade document, there are information that if the target system is controled by NWDI there will be some difference when apply to DEV, CON and PROD.

But in my environment, I got a message "This system is not under NWDI control", and nothing descripted in the document happen, I just wonder if there are something wrong because we did use NWDI.

And for the component question, I think I got your point, I can fix is by selecting the required component only and generate the XML.

Regards

Bill