cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation costs per Sales Order Line Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I have a requirement to create a report which would determine the Actual Transportation Costs that were allocated to a combination of Sales Order + Sales Order Item.

I know there is a Condition Type for Freight Costs, but this is a statistical costs, not the actual.

I've been told that I can get the actual Transportation Costs from the Shipment Cost Document, but the shipment is created for various Sales Orders, it can have one or 10 orders in the same shipment.

Is there a way of finding out the actual/real Transportation costs per SO + Line item?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transportation costs are based on the bulk weight, volumes, vehicles needed, transportation routes and so on.

Here is how shipment costs are calculated during T&D

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/70/23d94f419311d2ac100000e829fbfe/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anabela,

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't here for a long time.

The reason I asked this question was because I needed to extrapolate the understanding to BW (I'm a BW  consultant, not SD) So I solved my problems by finding the necessary DataSource (extraction program) which allocates the Transportation Costs automatically on the Delivery item and Sales order item Level.

So, I'm sorry but I can't really advise you on the SD module side.

Regards,

Sergio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I am having similar issue and am hoping that you may provide some insight. I will share something with you also that may assist your concern.

Refer to note 394204 which is to capture the plant (werks) into the material document. In the same user exit, you may code to reference cobl-xblnr to capture the delivery and then do a read on LIPS to capture the sales order.

So my problem, which will also be a problem for you, is that there is no delivery line item in COBL to the sales order line item is not captured.

Please share if your post was answered and how it was done. I hope the note referenced will assist you also.

Bela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the scenario you mentioned below is possible.

In that case you could do the following:

1) First, you must ensure that the Delivery is Shipment relevant before you could use the Shipment functionality. In addition, your shipment document should also be set as Shipment cost relevant in configuration.

2) For each sales order item (assuming each materials are different), you could create a delivery document for each line item.

3) Depending on your requirement, there is multiple scenarios of shipment is possible using the LE-TRA function.

- Shipment from a Plant to a customer.

- Shipment from a Plant to several customers.

- Return shipment from customer to a Plant.

- Shipment from several Plants to several customers.

- And the list goes on... depending on various mode of transports.

4) In your case, it looks like you are having only one destination, with one shipment, but multiple orders. As such, you could use an individual shipment function, which is quite straightforward.

5) Here are few of the features of an individual shipment that is relevant to your scenario:

- You can club multiple deliveries (from a single order or multiple orders) in a single shipment.

- You need one single point of departure and one destination location. (if you have multiple departure points and multiple destination points, then it would be a collective shipment. However, a single shipment document can also be created.).

- In most of the cases for individual shipment, only single mode of transport is involved.

6) Finally, there is a transportation chain which supports the several shipment documents (containing one or more deliveries) from one or more departure point to one or more than one destination point.

In your case, you can do the following:

a) For each Order (with the same route), you can create one or more Deliveries.

b) Then assign it in a Shipment document (VT01N).

c) When the shipment is completed, then you can create Shipment cost document (VI01). Shipment cost document is created for each shipment.

d) Then, you can determine and calculate the cost incurred for each Deliveries in the shipment. Depending on the level of details of your cost calculation, you need to indicate in your Shipment Cost Pricing condition type (under Calculation Base) whether it is calculated per Delivery, per Delivery Item, per Shipment Item etc.

Hence, if you have a single Delivery document for each Sales Order item, then you can indicate your calculation base as per Delivery in your condition for shipment cost.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kok, thanks for the extensive reply, but in the point 2 I already have a differences. The same delivery could be created for different Items from different SO... and then the same shipment is created for different deliveries. I don't know if there is away of tracking it...may be by the batch number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as mentioned earlier, you could do the tracking of the cost based on Delivery, and if more details are required (i.e. weight information, material information etc.) then you could track it at Delivery Item level.

What you need to do is:

1) Agree as you mentioned that your SO have multiple line items.

2) OK, now if you are combining the Order items into a single delivery, that is also fine.

3) There are two alternatives you could do:

a) If you are having single Delivery for each line item in a Sales Order --> Then you can use the Calculation base of "Delivery" in your shipment cost condition type.

b) If you are having single Delivery for multiple items from one or more Sales Order (having the same route, ship-to party etc.) --> Then you can use the Calculation base of "Delivery Item" in your shipment cost condition type. In this case, in your shipment cost document, you will be able to see individual line items for each Delivery document in the shipment.

Hope the above clarifies.

Thanks.