Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

XI/PI Space crunch issue

Hi Team,

We are experiencing space crunch issue in our XI Development system. The issue which i have identified is that there were many XI error messages in status "System Error - Manual restart possible" which were persisted in the system. I referred note 872388 and found that these messages will be persisted in the system until we cancel them manually. I used the report RSXM_CANCEL_MESSAGES for mass cancellation.

But now, the real issue is that all these cancelled messages are automatically flagged for Archiving (ITFACTION = ARCH). They can be now archived and then deleted. Note 872388 also states the following :

"Only messages in a final status can be deleted / archived. Messages with errors have to be cancelled first. After that these cancelled messages can only be archived and will not be deleted!"

We do not have archiving set up in our system. So, I am basically looking for an alternative by which I can directly delete these messages without archiving them first.

We already have the message deletion job running " SAP_BC_XMB_*DELETE_<CLIENT>" , but it only deletes the successful msgs or msgs in final state as per the note 872388.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question