cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement for JMS to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to receive an acknowledgement that a file has been successfully written at the target and wonder if and how an acknowledgement could deliver this information.

I've read that the receiver File adapter cannot generate a transport acknowledgement but will deliver one when requested.

I've seen the blog where you define this in a BPM.

I've also read that possibly the REQUEST message can contain an acknowledgement flag but I do not know hoe to set this in the SENDER JMS channel.

So how do i do this? Am I still limited to a BPM or is there another way (without BPM) in which I can request this acknowledgement?

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1st: when you do reference to blog (it's [3875|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3875] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]😉 and a thread that should be great to precise which one (could help other people).

Else I do not know where you read the following:

I've also read that possibly the REQUEST message can contain an acknowledgement flag but I do not know hoe to set this in the SENDER JMS channel.

but another solution is inside your receiver FILE CC to use an OS command, after creation of your target file, to create a "flag" flat file in a directory. And then to define a simple flow "flag flat file -> PI -> Ack for JMS", by using a sender CC to pick-up this "flag flat file. That's all.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, that is a good idea.

I implemented this via a touch command in the CC. The touch creates the ackowledgement file and a new acknowledgement interface sends this generated file back to the original appliaction.

Regards

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I've also read that possibly the REQUEST message can contain an acknowledgement flag but I do not know hoe to set this in the SENDER JMS channel.

>

> So how do i do this? Am I still limited to a BPM or is there another way (without BPM) in which I can request this acknowledgement?

This is not possible. BPM won't help you, as the ack message was only between BPM and file, but not in full message flow.

A sender JMS adapter cannot request an ackk message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can get an acknowledgment for file by using BPM. Better you can go for BPM.