cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database exceptions data missing in SMD 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have configured SMD on SolMan 7.1 SP03. I successfully connected 2 systems (ABAP single and JAVA single) to technical monitoring. Also SolMan self-monitoring was configured successfully. I can see some monitoring data in solman_workcenter, but I don't see any data in section Database Exceptions and Database performance like e.g. tablespace usage, last successful backup, reads per usercall etc... I can see current data in Database availability section - archiver status, instance status etc... There are obviously some data missing in BI as I get an info message : "No data has been transferred to BI system up to now for metric .....". Unfortunately I can't find out where is the problem so far. I can see SMD agents are connected and pushing other data (ABAP and host related) to SMD w/o any problems. Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello!

Do you solve this problem?

0 Kudos

I have an error for DB metrics.

Active extractors not found: SYSTEM =SHT CLIENT = EXTENDED_CONTEXT = SHT

How I can activate them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/f7/51b87f807344eba0ddca2d2174cbee/frameset.htm

"A remote database connection between the DBA Cockpit and the remote database is configured and available, to gather the data for tablespaces, availability, backup status, etc. remotely. The prerequisites for database administration and monitoring are described in SAP note 1027146."

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thank you for prompt hint. I can see the data of my solman in database analysis. I can see buffer waits and further graphics as well. However I can't see the data in technical monitoring workcenter. I still see the message no metrics delivered. It looks like some extractor problem to me at first glance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

You can have a look at https://service.sap.com/diagnostics

under "media library"-> E2E Workload Analysis Troubleshooting

The information is outdated but hope it helps.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

could you access the server of your SAP satellite systems from SOLMAN Server?

Or there is a SAP Router connection between the both servers?

You can test it with the ping commando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I can access. It is not reporting the database data even from SolMan itself. I connected SolMan as a managed system and executed self-monitoring setup for it, but still facing this issue...

0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you solve this problem?

I have all data from other systems in DBA Cockpit, but in technical monitoring all db metrics are grey.

May be there some inactive extractors?