cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System landscapes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone tell me what is the exact funtion of the system landscape browser(which comes under SLD->System landscapes.)?

Thanks,

Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The System Landscape is used for logical grouping or different server. You can create a landscape and assign/remove systems under it. For example in a orgnz lanscape there are certain systems used for PoC/Lab, now you can create a System Landscape nameing "Lab" and can assign those system under it. Once when you want to know what all are the systems that are available for me in the lab.. I just need to go and select "Lab" in the drop down it will give me the list of system available under lab. This is completely for grouping purpose.

Thanks.

Prakash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Smitha,

if what Praskash has told is correct then I am dead wrong out here

Good one praskash. Any documenatation on this?

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh, Smitha,

Sorry I do not have any documentation, but I remember reading somewhere. Sure will send you the documentation if I find it.

Thanks,

Prakash

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Landscapes also help in transportation, by creating Dev, QAS, Prd groups, refering which target Business System each source Business System points to.

Also, you can transport SWCV and products, without needing to create them from scratch.

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I might be wrong, but I think it refers to the List of the WAS servers available in the System Landscape.

Regards,

bhavesh