cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to invoke a RFC to update multiple ECC Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where there N numbers of ERP (ECC) systems are using same RFC to a PI system. The Interface is needed to be configured to catch the RFC dynamically from anyone of N numbers of ECC systems to call the single receiver service. This is part has been achieved by creating the RFC destinations with same name, same PID with central gateway details.

But, here the challenge is the response from the receiver also needs to be updated into all ECC systems. With the above approach the only system which is triggered RFC only getting the response and remaining ECC systems are not updating with same data.

Any ideas how to achieve the above functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to define N RFC destination in SM59, and then N receivers (one per your ECC) with N receiver Communication Channel (RFC) and then a receiver determination like that:

1 sender -> N receivers, for which each receiver receives the same receiver interface.

After that, does your ECC is the same server (SID) with different instance (like in production) ? if yes, for me that's not the good approach...

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well, are you updating master data in all ECC systems? if so I recommend you to consider SAP MDM and update MDM through PI and let MDM to distribute the data to ECC systems.

From PI perspective, there is no out of box solution for this, either you have to separate separate RFC destination for each ECC system and separate scenario or you gotta write either proxy to distribute the response manually to all ECC systems or java proxy or module.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data is not master data. It is all security validation parameters which will lasts up to 8 hours. Whenever validation parameters are expired, RFC call needs to be made to get the updated validation parameters and same needs to available to all ECC systems which ever using the same RFC. Whenever RFC sends a message to PI from any ECC system, these validation parameters should be verified the life time of the same and invoke the data along with these parameters to the particular external receiver service.