Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Request Approval Scenario via Workflow does not trigger

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

System Information: SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4 / Using WDA-Scenarios on Portal NW 7.01.

I'm having trouble understanding/implementing the approval scenario of the Travel Request via Workflow/UWL. POWL isn't usable for us as it isn't flexible enough to process the complex agent assignment rules for the respective approver our (momentarily..) requirements 'dictate' ...

What I did so far:

I copied the Workflow Template 200000040 to a custom template (since I'll have to alter it) and activated the Event of Creation for BUS2089. Thus, in SWE2, the respective entry for BUS2089 for the event CREATED has been set by the system. All good so far. When I create a TRIP via PR05 (we are public sector), the event for BUS2089 gets fired in SAPMP56T and the Workflow gets triggered; works out well. However, when I post a travel request in Portal (FITE_REQUEST), the workflow is not getting triggered. I searched for information or similar questions on the forum but didn't find anything. Neither did I find a concrete clue in the View Containers FITE_VC_* etc..

Could anyone assist me with this? I'm sure I'm missing something very basic here.... -_-

Bottom line:

Why is my workflow not getting triggered from creating travel requests via FITE_REQUEST?

Cheers, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just want to make sure, is in SWE2 your workflow number - the linkage activated has been checked?

or

try to trigger workflow / test workflow from SWDD. is the workflow working well?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SWE2 linkage is activated for my Workflow number (I didn't do it by hand, it's set by the system since I activated the event in my workflowtemplate --> this way actually no inconsistencies can happen).

SWDD Tests are successful and the Workflow is working well in general. That's why I pointed out in my previous post that the process is working fine when initiated via PR05.

EDIT: Or maybe somebody knows the part in coding FITV_FPM/FITE_VC* where the workflow should be triggered? It's freaking unfindable, I've been debugging for hours. 😠

EDIT: Debugged the entire WDA Frmaework for like five hours...feeling dead inside...someone please tell me from where the workflow gets triggered when saving travel request from portal -_-....

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Dec 5, 2011 2:55 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Dec 5, 2011 7:14 PM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restartet App-Server as last resort. Works now....

SAP, you are spooky sometimes 😐

Answers (0)