Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BPM for ECC(proxy) to jdbc(sabrix) to ECC(proxy) using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following scenario where,

A message (proxy) comes from ECC system and in PI using the mapping we create the request message which goes to the sabrix system(Database system) , which sends the response to PI and PI send the response back to ECC, we have created a structure for the request and the response message to Sabrix and from sabrix using the following document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm.

Currently we are using 2 synchronous Service Interfaces for this scenario. Its working perfectly alright.

I need help for implementing this using BPM.

I am following this blog: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3928. [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

This is not properly explaining the creation of Service Interface and the ID part and since I am new to PI and this is my first BPM scenario, I am confused. Can anyone please help me with the details of Service Interfaces and ID part with reference to the Blog mentioned.

Thanks and Regards,

NehaSingh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

When using cc-BPM, there will two flows:

Source -> BPM

BPM -> Target.

BPM will act as a Business System in the runtime. So you have to do two sets of configs, for the flows I mentioned above.

As for Service Interface, you can refer to sap help document([http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/en/55/c5633c3a892251e10000000a114084/content.htm]).

For BPM sire Service interface , it has to be of type Abstract.

Cheers,

Himadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First BPM scenario is pain, I gotta tell you that

I will explain you proxy(async)->BPM->DB(sync)->BPM->proxy(async).

you have to create interfaces which you will use in BPM as abstract.

1. Create a async abstract interface and use it as receive step (ECC_request) in BPM and connect that interface with your proxy sender from ECC.

2. Create a async abstract interface and name it in BPM as ECC_response.

3. Create one sync abstract interface to connect to DB as send step and use ECC_request and ECC_response as request and response for that interface.

4. Create a sync inbound interface and connect it with abstract sync interface that you use in BPM.

5. Create a async inbound interface for proxy as response for ECC and connect it with ECC_response interface that you use in BPM for response.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Neha singh,

For ID:

Import 2 business systems if sender and receiver both ECC Systems are different

create one business component for jdbc

comm.channels:

dont need to create sender xi for proxy and agreement also

receiver Jdbc communicatio channel and receiver agreement

Receiver Xi comm.channel for ECC and receiver agreemnt

Cretae 3 Receiver Determination:

ecc to integration process(bpm)

integration process(bpm) to jdbc

integration process(bpm) to receiver ecc

need to create 3 interface determinations

1.ecc to integration process(bpm)

2. integration process(bpm) to jdbc

3.integration process(bpm) to ecc.

ECC(proxy) to jdbc(sabrix) to ECC(proxy) using

that is also possiable without bpm's means possiable with standard JDBC look up of the conversion function group if your using PI 7.1.

otherwise need to create UDF for JDBC lookup / create BPM'S.

THANKS,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible with JDBC look up , why you go for BPM.

by usiung bpm please refer below blog,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/FiletoRFC/BPM.htm

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/170/

regards,

ganesh.

Edited by: ganesh.nijampudi on Dec 5, 2011 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies..

Ganesh, I have a doubt!!

I am using the blog for BPM mentioned by you

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/170/

I have created the following ESR objects:

Message Types:

MT_RequestFromECC : Proxy coming from ECC side

MT_RequestToSabrix : Structured request to the database system(Sabrix)

MT_RequestToSabrix_Response : Structured Response from the database system(Sabrix)

MT_ResponseToECC : Proxy going back to ECC as a response

Service Interfaces:

SI_JdbcBPM_Req_Out (Message Type : MT_RequestToSabrix ) --> Asynchronous Outbound

SI_JdbcBPM_Req_Abstract_Out (Message Type : MT_RequestToSabrix ) --> Asynchronous Abstract

SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract (Request Message : MT_RequestToSabrix, Response Message : MT_RequestToSabrix_Response) --> Synchronous Abstract

SI_JdbcBPM_Resp_Sabrix_Abstract_In (Message Type : MT_RequestToSabrix_Response) --> Asynchronous Abstract

SI_JdbcBPM_Resp_In (Message Type : MT_RequestToSabrix_Response) --> Asynchronous Inbound

SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract_req (Request Message : MT_RequestFromECC, Response Message : MT_ResponseToECC) --> Synchronous Abstract

Message Mappings:

MM_JdbcBPM_ECCToSabrix --> Mapping between message types MT_RequestFromECC and MT_RequestToSabrix

MM_JdbcBPM_SabrixToECC --> Mapping between messahe types MT_RequestToSabrix_Response and MT_ResponseToECC

Operation Mapping:

OM_JdbcBPM between service interfaces SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract_req and SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract

Integration Process: As mentioned in the blog

2 Containers

REQ: SI_JdbcBPM_Req_Abstract_Out

RES: SI_JdbcBPM_Resp_Sabrix_Abstract_In

Receive : Connected to SI_JdbcBPM_Req_Abstract_Out (REQ)

Send Synchronous : Connected to the Synchronous Abstract interface SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract Request: REQ Response: RES

Send : Connected to SI_JdbcBPM_Resp_Sabrix_Abstract_In (RES).

But when I am checking I am getting an error message : Response RES and synchronous interface SI_Sync_JdbcBPM_Abstract are not of the same type

Please help me with what is the mistake that I might have made to get this error

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Ashokkumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your configuration ieverthing corrcet please try to do this,

Operation mapping:

create two operation mapping, one messagemapping req and one for message mapping response.

In your IP you have specify the transformation steps,

recive-> transformation (REQ MESSAGE MAPPING)-> syn/asyn-> transformation(RESPONSE MESSAGE MAPPING) -> send.

regards,

ganesh.