Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center and Controlling type not assigned to Activity type

reno1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP PS and am trying to to an exercise in PS PLM235. I was doing the Exercise on Easy Cost Planning. In the cost planning for a WBS using the Items Overview of ECP, i am getting error when i assign a Resource as 4120 and Plant/Activity type as 1463.

The message system gives is as below.

"Cost center 4120 controlling area 1000 on 05.05.2012 not assiged to activity types"

Message no KK809.

Diagnosis

In controlling area 1000 the system could not find an activity price valid on 05.05.2012 for the specified activity type at cost center 4120.

System Response

The system cannot valuate the internal activity.

Procedure

Branch to Customizing and check which activity price is selected according to the valuation variant (such as planned activity price, actual activity price).

Then do the following:

1. If a planned activity price is found, you have to go into cost center accounting and carry out activity type planning for cost center 4120.

2. If an actual activity is price is found, you have to go into cost center accounting and carry out activity price determination for cost center 4120.

Any help will be appreciated..

Regards

Rohan S. Kamble

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Reno,

System is throwing that error because it could not find a valid combination of the said activity type and cost center for 05.05.2012. Due to this system is not able to valuate the activity as it is not able to find a suitable price. This price is maintained in transaction KP26 with respect to the activity type and cost center.

You need to maintain a proper rate in KP26 for the combination of activity type 1463 and cost center 4120. This should solve your issue.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reno,

System is throwing that error because it could not find a valid combination of the said activity type and cost center for 05.05.2012. Due to this system is not able to valuate the activity as it is not able to find a suitable price. This price is maintained in transaction KP26 with respect to the activity type and cost center.

You need to maintain a proper rate in KP26 for the combination of activity type 1463 and cost center 4120. This should solve your issue.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto tcode kp26 and maintain rate for activity type and cost center. or else contact your CO consultant.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary