cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing or copying document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have several documents in DMS which are of type PRD. We have created a new type, let's say ZRD, and would like to take some of our existing PRD docs and 'change' their type to ZRD.

From what I can tell, there's no simple 'change document type' functionality (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, if I try to create a new ZRD document with reference to an existing PRD document, it doesn't work.

Any advise on how I can avoid having to re-create from scratch all the ZRD documents will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Yossi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear yossi ben haroosh ,

When you create DIR under "PRD" document type , there is no copy fucntion SAP DMS to copy all DIR under "PRD" Document Type to newly created "ZRD" Document type.

Can you please explain me why there is such requirement.

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Practically it's possible to change the document from one document type to another. In case if you find out anything as such, lemme know.

Rgds,

SM

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yossi,

I am not sure about the reason why are you changing the existing document type to new ones

Please explore the functionality of object links for DMS. Create document of new document type ZRD and assign the older document type PRD document as object link. Check if this workaround can resolve your issue.

Regards

Amit