cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feild required for only level 3 wbs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our Client needs one field for ex:"value",in level-3 wbs only(means it will not appear in any other level like 1,2,4,5) and also that field should be mandatory..if that field(value) is blank,system need to generate a error....

Please help out me on this....

Regards,

Suma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this by defining the field selections for WBS elements. Refer the path Project System - Structures - Operative Structures - Work Breakdown Structure - User Interface Settings - Define Field selection for WBS. For more information on how to do the necessary configuration changes please refer SAP Help of search the forum. There are threads available where this has been discussed before.

By the way, is the field that you are talking about a custom defined field or a standard one?

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

First of all many thanks for your quick response....

I already created a User Field 'Value" by using the path whatever you suggested ..But My client needs it will display only level 3 wbs element not all levels, that too it should be a mandatory filed ..if that field(value) is blank..they need to generate a error message..

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your requirement. Follow what i have mentioned in my previous post. Search the forum or read SAP Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

I checked your proposed solutions,project systems->structures->operative structures>userinterface settings>Define field selection for wbs->wbs>influencing>Level (contents:003(Wbs element level))->usr002(field name )(in our case value)-->(Required entry )...save...I did this confing..

Now the system is showing that field (Value) in all levels is mandatory....but i need only level 3 is mandatory....Please suggest some solution...

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps,

1) Follow the path mentioned in my previous post and double click on "Field Selection:WBS Elements".

2) Hit page down and single click on "Ufield 3 WBS element". Then click on the "Influencing" tab on the top left of the page. This will take you to a list of influencing fields.

3) Double click on "Level" and in the following window enter the level in the "Contents" field. For e.g. Enter 3 in the contents field and then in the list below make the "Ufield 3 WBS element" as required. This will make the user field mandatory on the 3rd level WBS.

4) Follow the same steps that are mentioned above and just change the level in the contents field. For e.g. If you need to hide the user field for the 2nd level WBS element just enter 2 in the contents field and then from the list below Hide the user field.

Similarly you can follow this for other levels of WBS where you want the user field to be hidden.

Hope i have given you a detailed solution and you should not face any issues in implementing this.

All the best.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Many thanks for your solution...I rewarded the points...

Im closing this thread................

Regards,

Suma

Answers (0)