cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Tuple values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please provide me the document or link on how to update or modify or replace the tuple values?

I am facing the issue that when i am importing to update the tuple field the main table data is getting changed to blank.

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find below the scenario and what result i need.

I have a tuple which has the customer number in it.It is not unique field.We have Global number in main table which is unique.

1. Now in the tuple i have a customer number 123 and i want to replace it by 00123.So i prepared a file with tuple data and unique filed from Main table.I loaded the file and after mapping in Set tuple action i gave the combination of create and Replace.

When i imported i saw that all the main table data cahnged to blank but the tuple was replaced by correct value ie 00123.

Now my expectation is main table should not change nad tuple value should change ie replaced.

So what tuple action needs to be set like as if i click on Set tuple action what filelds are to be selected from available fields and what should be the action? One thing is that the combination of customer number and ECC system makes the unique key

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wht is the import action for the main tabe and what is the import action for Tuple update.

Idealy it should be, main table update null fields only and tuple update update all mapped fields.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If i give the import action as Update all mapped fields the old data still be there with new records getting added to tuple.I want the old data to be replaced by new one

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if your import action for matching fields is creating a new records to you set the import action to skip or update Null fields .

and for rest you can keep it as Update all Mapped field.

This will ensure no new records are added.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Nitin,

Check the Main table import action,do not give replace there.

If I get your requirement correctly set it as Update mapped/Null (as required) and Skip,if you do not wish to create new record at main table level.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I believe you are using single map for updating both main table and tuple.

If that is the case, in your upload file, if you are filling only tuple field values & left main table field values as blank, the system will make all the main table values as Blank

If the process is not automatic i.e using import server, I would suggest to create a new map for the tuple and load it through Import manager

While making the map, Do keep the Tuple Update field , and options "Create" & "Update all mapped fields"

Kindly revert if my above understanding differs from your scenario

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Yes i am using the single map for updating the field.

If i create a new single map what should be the Select Tuple action nad iMport action.

I guess if i keep tuple action as Rweplace and Import action as Update all mapped fields then the old value will new value in the file gets updated.

What if i maintain replace in Select tuple update and Import action ?

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

When you are creating a new map for updating the tuple field , do the following

- Right Click on Tuple, select Tuple Update

- Select the field which is unique in that tuple

- Based on that, select option as "Create" for new records , "Update All Mapped fields" for existing records

- On Import Action, select "Update All Mapped fields"

In the tuple update option,if you keep as Replace it will go and override all the existing tuple records

This will be an issue for multivalued tuple & you maintaining more than one value in that tuple

In our case, if you are maintaining always only one value in that tuple and the input file contains the updated values for all fields in that tuple, you can go for Replace option

Kindly revert if you face any issues

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Thanks for your help

Just 2 concerns

In my tuple the combination of ecc system and customer number is unique,so i can maintain these two fields in matching field combination?

And also i need to delete all the values in Tuple and reload with fresh data.So i can go with Replace rite?The source file itself will contain all the tuple data it needs to update.

Thanks

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

Kindly find my response below

In my tuple the combination of ecc system and customer number is unique,so i can maintain these two fields in matching field combination? - By default system selects all fields.Select the 2 fields in Tuple Update and remove others

And also i need to delete all the values in Tuple and reload with fresh data.So i can go with Replace rite?The source file itself will contain all the tuple data it needs to update.

- Yes. You can ahead

Kindly reward points if it is helpful to you

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please check that in first data load what was the matching criteria for Tuple update then,if it changes now it can give discrepancy in data.Please weigh this in case of your map before you go ahead.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Thanks for tthe suggestion and solution.It is working

Thread closed

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Import Manager Ref guide is the best source.

Important thing is set appropriate action and Tuple and Main Table level.

It is a import within a Import,so set an action for main table and for Tuple level use "Set Tuple Update" action,and appropriate import action.

Also,list out what you want to achieve and where you are facing problem.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Lets us assume that you are importing Customer master data with company code data as tuple.

1)Map Customer Number in main table and the tuple fields in company code.

2) RIght click on Company code tuple to Select Tuple Update options based on your requirement-Create-New records

Update existing records-NULL Fields

Update existing records-Mapped fields

Replace

Here select Company code field which is unique and not all fields for tuple update

3) Now for Matching fields Select Customer Number and Select import action as Update existing records-Mapped fields

4) Import the records and let us know the results

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For tuple update operation refer MDM Import Manager Guide pg 259

you will get all the necessary details.

regards,

Abhishek